◄[LR2] Voiced Scripts►

Fluffy Cupcake

I'm British, but I think you've heard my voice and I don't see it as a particularly "macho" one, more on the nerdy side. I don't know what you're going for with Rocket Racer, but if you really can't find anyone else to do it then maybe I can give it a go. If I were to do it, I wouldn't mind setting up a Skype session with you so I can work out what sort of voice to put on.

Fluffy Cupcake

but if you really can't find anyone else to do it then maybe I can give it a go

Well Jimbob since I didn't get anything from Kirkby last week (who can still get in on this at any time regardless), you're up to bat.

but if you really can't find anyone else to do it then maybe I can give it a go

Well Jimbob since I didn't get anything from Kirkby last week (who can still get in on this at any time regardless), you're up to bat.

Awesome, I think! I might not have the voice you're looking for, so before I commit to anything can we chat on Skype first? That way you can see if my tone is okay and we can work out a voice.

• 1 month later...

Alright, one last update before this thing is (finally) released.

Real life has done it's best to get in my way, but I'm thankfully wrapping up the script files, and just about all of the technical issues have been resolved.

I'd just like to thank everyone that's interested for their patience. Especially since I'm not the one who started this mod, but ended up being the one everyone's waiting on. It's not easy balancing this with new job stuff, and more recently, end-of-year fiascos, but I wouldn't leave you hanging, so thanks for not keelhauling me.

• 1 month later...
Fluffy Cupcake

How's my cinematic skills?

Yes, I did consider doing some retakes on some of my track intro lines...

Fluffy Cupcake

In short: Do what we do to add the voices into the game, edit the scripts. :P

This here alone is what I added to make the camera do what it did in the river part of the video:

--------------------------------------------------------------
$time 0    
        $cinematic
        $shot OBJECT_STATIC     Res_compound
        $startrelative    -77.5 0.2 22.0
        $endrelative     70.3 -12.2 44.0
        $targetoffset     60.0 -10.0  27.0
    $end        

--------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowblaze

It could work, but to me it feels weird, but I don't know why. Maybe adding subtitles would make it a little better, but I know you can't implement them. Still, quite cinematic-y. :P

If you need a voice actor for the "cinematic" view before the race, I'd be willing to step up, unless you want to do that role yourself Xiron.

As for the "cinematic" camera, its an interesting idea.

Fluffy Cupcake

Well, normally in the game that is Sparky talking there. I did think about how interesting it would be to have a more narration voice for it though.

• 4 weeks later...
Fluffy Cupcake

How are we suppose to take you seriously Raider, quit joking around.

Edit: Is 5 seconds enough?

Just a reminder I'm still looking for people to do alt player voices. The more the better! (This will not delay release)

Fluffy Cupcake

I edited the description, and Googletube did its lovely magic of breaking long links as it does every time.

Edit: Yes, the demo bit was an AF joke, although I do hope to release something to you guys in the near future!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.