Alternative Save File Location?

Oboe Shoes

Alright, this is really starting to mystify me. It's time to upgrade, and I'm in the process of transferring most of the content of my current PC's HDD to a new one. Naturally, one of the first things I made usre I had working was LRR, but I'm running into something that's deeply confusing me.

After getting everything properly transferred and installed, everything seemed to be running fine, except for the fullscreen lag issues. (This isn't the point of the topic, but also confusing. This new PC is running Windows 7 professional, not Windows 8, where people seem to run into this problem. Previous system was running 7 Ultimate) Anyway, my mods appeared to be working, and my saves loaded... but my primary save (slot 1) had changed from 100% complete to 93%, with Back to Basics and Rocky Horror marked as not completed, while the other, incomplete save I transferred was had it's progress unaffected. Just to double check, I launched LRR on the machine I'm transferring from, and sure enough, save slot 1 is still 100% on that PC.

This is where things get strange. The discrepancy not making any sense, I renamed the saves directory so that the game would not load them. When I relaunched the game... the second save disappeared like I expected, but the first, 100% save is still there. That save file is somehow stored elsewhere, and is overriding whatever is normally in slot 1, which appears to be an outdated version of that save. The game was able to read that save like normally, despite there being no "saves" folder. It also did not recreate a "saves" folder on launch like it usually does.

Does anybody have any idea how and why this is happening, and where I might be able to find the actual location of my save file? I really don't have any explanation for this one.

Simple solution to your not-100% save: EnableDebugKeys TRUE

*goes into BtB and Rocky Horro* Ctrl+S. :P :P

My RR copy doesn't have anything under AppData or Application Data, and nor does anything that Lego's made.

You could try re-installing it on your first machine and then you might see if it's the .exe itself... but that seems unlikely.

On the subject of saves, what do all the .sav, .osf, and .dat files do?

lol username
My RR copy doesn't have anything under AppData or Application Data, and nor does anything that Lego's made.

Plenty of LEGO games have stuff in appdata, look harder. Though Car Craze is specifically talking about the mystical place where files go when you don't run programs as admin, right?

Oboe Shoes

I went searching around, and it turns out it actually was reading it from virtualstore.

Copied that folder over to the new machine and it read the save. I still find it a bit odd that that location was taking priority, but hey, it works.

I went searching around, and it turns out it actually was reading it from virtualstore.

Copied that folder over to the new machine and it read the save. I still find it a bit odd that that location was taking priority, but hey, it works.

It's a little thing Windows 7 does unfortunately, with a lot of applications. Something to do with security.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.