Mindscape Development Team (aka MDT) - A LI1 Development Parody Fanfiction

berry-pepper-roni

berry-pepper-roni

Hoo boy... This one's kind of a tough cookie.... and it's still a draft (somewhat), so changes may be made in the near future.

But anyway, here I am sharing a literal parody I made up with the public!

Basically, it's a parody based off of LI1's development. It has modern references, crazy old guys, pizza, Mario phones and a cringy 10-year-old!

WARNING: The following is not meant to be historically accurate and is meant for entertainment/cringe purposes.

Here's an excerpt from the very first episode (please excuse the format as it's from a chat with someone on Discord about MDT):

this is from the very beginning of the au december 31, 1996 (the au takes place in manhattan by the way!)

oh and also when you read wes' parts think of him having vargskelethor joel's voice)

OH AND ALSO THE PERSON TALKING TO WES IN THIS EXCERPT IS LORIN SWELK aka his "bEsT bUdDy sInCe hIgH sChoOl"

anyway

(singsongy) "hey wesley~" -Lorin (L)

"i'd prefer to be called WES, but okay-" -Wes (W)

"whatcha doin?" -L "...." -W

"i'm writing, lorin. can't you see i'm WRITING-?" -W

wes takes sip of soda can

"oh... right. anyway what are you writing... WESLEY?!?!" -L

"uhh some sort of lego thing for uhhh, DENNIS" -W

"dennis goodrow?" -L

"dennis goodrow. yeah. anyway uh, why the heck are you approaching me, LORIN?" -W

"uh, nothin" -L

lorin proceeds to run out of the room, and back into said room, WITH HIS SYNTHESIZER that he always carries around with him because hE'S a pRoFeSsIoNal mUSiCiAn aNd a pRoFeSSiOnAL mUsICiAn nEvER lEaveS hOme wiThouT hiS sYnTH

"OKAY OKAY UH, SPEAKING OF LEGOS" -L "what the heck are you conjuring up in your insane mind this time, lorin-" -W

"I UHHH, WANT TO CREATE A VIDEO GAME" -L

the word "videogame" echos through infinity

"what kind of-" -W

"a TRES-DIMENSIONNEL, LEGO VIDEO GAME" -L

"but but- THATS NEVER BEEN ATTEMPTED BEFORE" -W

"that's the point, wes. that is exactly the point. now uh, who are we going to pitch this to? nintendo? sony?" -L

"uh, no idea. wawawawait-lorin-- go look up "videogame developers near me" on the ol' pentium II...." -W

"okay, uhhh" -L

lorin starts searching

".....uhhh, wutabout MINDSCAPE" -L

"okay, i guess we'll call them on the pho-" -W

"ACTUALLY WE'RE GOING TO DO THIS THE EASIER WAY! WE'LL APPROACH THEM IN PERSON! and i know just..." -L

"-oh dear god-" -W

"...what..." -L

"-OH DEAR GOD-" -W

"...to do." -L

"now.... i've been talkin' to this patrick hagan guy on the phone and i think HE'D BE PERFECT!" -L

"for what?" -W

"for... voicing in the game. now, remember that prank call we had last week?" -L

wes gets intense flashbacks

"OH RIGHT.... that one." -W

"yes, that one. now..." -L

"WE'RE GOING TO TAKE.... A SUNDAY DRIVE!" -L

"wait WHA-" W

"....and since i wrote down mindscape's address, we're gonna approach 'em right now." -L

you're welcome!

I can post more excerpts soon. Maybe.

Or maybe not.

Who knows?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.