Rock Raiders: A New Expedition

BBordewyk

Why wait for LEGO to reboot Rock Raiders, when I can do it myself!

😁

Presenting,

"Rock Raiders: A New Expedition"

A series of MOCs with buildable instructions that you can create yourself today!

Click the picture for its instructions and parts lists.

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

1000x800.jpg

More to come!

• BBordewyk changed the title to Rock Raiders: A New Expedition

You can click on the picture to go to the instruction manual download page. He uses part 3937 with 3938 to modify the angle.

Newly arrived! Lava Slugs and Icy Slugs. It appears there is more than one slug species on Planet U, each adapted to its environment. Perhaps there are more species to be discovered...

Very cleverly done! 

I recently did a photo series where I was trying to capture more realistic environments with buildings and I struggled with trying to include power paths.   But I have to say that your solution to their design is great.

The only thing I would be curious of is how would you account for buildings that occupy two tiles across?  Would you remove the "separator" band of smooth pieces between the two square paths?  If so, I very well may use your design if I decide to give a third series a shot.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:57 PM, Antillies said:

Very cleverly done! 

I recently did a photo series where I was trying to capture more realistic environments with buildings and I struggled with trying to include power paths.   But I have to say that your solution to their design is great.

The only thing I would be curious of is how would you account for buildings that occupy two tiles across?  Would you remove the "separator" band of smooth pieces between the two square paths?  If so, I very well may use your design if I decide to give a third series a shot.

Yup! You can modify the Power Paths to accommodate larger buildings. I've also just uploaded Terrain Plates, which are compatible with the Power Path system I came up with!

First full set has arrived! It's Sparks and his M.E.C.H. Station. Need some extra mechanical assistance around the mines? The Mechanically Engineered Cooperative Helper is here to help!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

A bonus build, Happy Halloween everyone!

1000x800.jpg

"Lurking in the darkest caverns of Planet U are the blood sucking Vampire Slugs. You thought leaches were bad, think again! These nightmarish creatures crawl on the ceilings of caves waiting for an unsuspecting victim to pass below them, then drop from above and glide to land on their prey. Once smothered in their slime, the Vampire Slug then pierces its victim with its fangs and sucks out its blood, leaving behind the husk of its meal's corpse."

• 4 weeks later...

The largest MOC yet...

1000x800.jpg

The Rail Transporter is for fast reliable transportation of miners and resources between stations along predetermined routes. While it can't move anything anywhere, it's a lot faster at continuously transporting things between two set points, and is less susceptible to threats that are ground based, as it is elevated above the ground.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.