Is my theroy crazy? *contains fail science*

DeactivatedAccount

DeactivatedAccount

Hi, i have a theroy. I just want to know if you think it makes sence - because my theroy actualy turned up in the anime the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya.

We know that the world is governed by the laws of physics. And that be using mathamatic the laws of physics can be seen as mathamatical equations.

Now, if - ill use gravity as a example.

If gravity, or the physics of gravity be explained as a mathamatical equation. It could be shown in Binary. Take a video game now. Each game has a physic engine, a script that imports the rules of graviy ect into a game. Theses scripts are also shown as Binary. If a Physics engine can be modded and addapted.

You could in theroy. Take gravity. Show it as a mathamatical equation, Put it in Binary form. Then re-asemble it as a script.

Now using a machine or device much like C++ you could rescript local space. Bear in mind that without a machine or device to do this. It remains in possible. But, IS it possible to 'script gravity' Or anyother of the laws of physics using the same princable as scripting?

If everything can be shown as mathamatics, it can be shown as binary. And Binary can be altered, much like a computer.

He, he. that doesn't read right does it? I can explain it more if i talk about it.

But if you get at what im trying to say do you think its possible. Or if you dont have a clue what i just typed but are intrested to find out send me A message on skype and ill try to explain it more.

Niall.

Well it's only possible if you have god's source code.

Too bad we don't have the GODS engine right guys?

*badjoke*

Well it's only possible if you have god's source code.

Too bad we don't have the GODS engine right guys?

*badjoke*

He didn't make any reference to this being about RR at all.

I fail to see what this accomplishes or see what binary has to do with it. So you are asking the question, can earth's gravity be scripted? Easy answer, No and will never.

Physical and virtual can never be combined. And if in the instance that were possible, we'd be dead. Someone could just command KillEveryThingOnEarth() or CreateNewPlanet() and it this could never be controlled the ability was given to the public. Really saying Reality and Virtual combined would result in not know what is real real and what isn't. E.G "That being over there is a program and that plant over there is a program" (Matrix Anyone? :) )

You should also note the mankind's formula for gravity in mathematics is wrong. Sure, it seems correct now but as humans advance in knowledge we always find mistakes in our past(Do you really think the real formula for earth gravity could be made into a script that can be bundled into games, I think not.) It's like turning a plant from real to virtual, you can't make the plant virtual because it is physical. All you can do is make a copy and that copy will never be 1:1 because humans basically would have to have the blueprint for that plant and know everything about how to create that 'plant' from scratch. Computers today have no where near the power to do even some of the simplest calculations, let alone something like this.

If you can't make any sense out of that, the point to take home is: it's impossible to code reality using virtual reality.

And I'm sure matt will come along and make a post 10x as big :P

TheEPICtrainrider

If you can't make any sense out of that, the point to take home is: it's impossible to code reality using virtual reality.

But simulating reality is a easier problem, though just as complex. If we can simulate reality to a point where we can actually have a who act's just as any animal can do, who's to say we're not a simulation? If we are a simulation from a more advanced species and we can get the source from them, we could do exactly what you're saying Naill.

Sorry, I'm mixing philosophy with science again.

If we are a simulation from a more advanced species and we can get the source from them, we could do exactly what you're saying Naill.

Hence there is a greater being that created us, god. But if we got God's source (not the G.O.D.S engine) we'd be gods too, able to create anything. However you speak of a "source code" in terms of computer programming which I'm positive that God does not use a computer because that's a human creation.

Addictgamer

Mathematical equations can be converted to binary.

The resulting binary would only be able to be used in the virtual environment, not alter this physical environment.

Why? Well...Think about it.

How can a bunch of electric switches enclosed in a metal case alter the "local space" around it?

If the universe were an enormous computer, then yes, it would be possible if we connected our computer to it.

But it is not an enormous computer.

All a computer is is an electrical signal passed from a power outlet into a wire plugged into it that travels into the power supply int he computer.

From there, it travels to the processor which uses the electricity in a complex maze of switches that turn on and off.

These on and off signals that are created (or "0"s and "1"s) have no meaning.

It is still unclear to us humans how the computers go from "1"s and "0"s to games like Rock Raiders.

Although some have theories.

However it is done, the fact remains that these on and off signals cannot alter local space.

The only use of turning a mathematical equation into binary and then a script is to make an awesome physics engine.

But local space is, again, not a physics engine.

To sum it all up, yes, your idea is crazy.

Crazy considering the aspect of altering physical environments..

Not crazy if you used the scripts to make an awesome physics engine.

That being said, reverse your idea of controlling physics, and script a 3D engine that plays EXACTLY like real life...

Addictgamer

That being said, reverse your idea of controlling physics, and script a 3D engine that plays EXACTLY like real life...

That's what all that text I wrote adds up to xD

Aki Dazrold

God does not use a computer because that's a human creation.

No.

Bruce used a computer.

He was God for a while.

Aki Dazrold

*PSSST*! I think he has an I-Pad...

Holy balls. You posted that at near the exact same time as I did.

No actually he's using a rock, it's about 2x as good as the I-pad.

TheEPICtrainrider

No actually he's using a rock, it's about 2x as good as the I-pad.

He also runs a Linux/Windows hybrid.

*rezzing*

LHC = computer controlled

It alters the physical space inside it, but not the physical laws. We can apply forces or physical laws, but not modify them (except in a virtual environment, which we've already talked about.)

And about what Cyrem said - KillEveryoneOnEarth() - It's pretty much like a BA game with cheats. :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.