Explosives Expert

Exkajer

It's about TIME. Those RRs were always slow. Now, as long as the truck doesn't stop to pick up some stuff right under the wall that's about to be blown up, that's a major improvement.

How did this come about anyways? Did it just happen randomly, or did you mod into existance?

So it happened without mods? Perhaps you could tell us a little more then. Was the driver in that picture also an Explosives Expert? If you can't remember, I suggest we train every Raider in a level to be Drivers and Explosive Experts, put them in Transport Trucks, and condemn a wall for demolition. Remember that STTs can already carry Electric Fences, so carrying dynamite as well wouldn't surprise me.

*tests*

Edit: Didn't work when I tried it. Search & Rescue, 6 Raiders, all Drivers and Explosive Experts, set at least 6 walls for demolition. Then I teleported a vehicle to crash my game so I didn't have to go through the mission end sequence and all that rot.

Yes I've had this happen to me before, and I think I know why.

Say you have set a wall to be dynamited and an Explosive Expert picks up some dynamite and starts walking towards the wall. If you now cancel drilling the wall, the dynamite is no longer going to be used, and so normally that same Explosive Expert will just turn round and put it back in the Tool Store. But if he is distracted by something more important (e.g a monster scaring him, Action Stations being turned on, or the command 'Drop Object' being clicked), he will drop the dynamite, and it will now be left on the cavern floor with the same value as any other object on the ground needing to go back to base (which would usually be Ore/Crystals).

Once things are back to normal (i.e assuming Actions Stations or whatever made the dynamite drop has now been resolved), the nearest Raider to this object is going to carry on the task. In the instance Exkajer had, the nearest Raider happened to be the one in the Small Transport Truck, and since Small Transport Trucks have the ability to carry objects back to the tool store, he picked up the dynamite like it was any other resource on the ground. Him driving from where he picked it up to the Tool Store is when Exkajer saw this happening and took the screenshot.

^ This is all hypothetical what I've just said, and I've just been making an educated guess from my knowledge of how Raiders function. Feel free to recreate the situation I've described, and see if you can get it to work. I personally haven't tried, so feel free to prove me wrong.

~Matt

TheEPICtrainrider

Yes I've had this happen to me before, and I think I know why.

Say you have set a wall to be dynamited and an Explosive Expert picks up some dynamite and starts walking towards the wall. If you now cancel drilling the wall, the dynamite is no longer going to be used, and so normally that same Explosive Expert will just turn round and put it back in the Tool Store. But if he is distracted by something more important (e.g a monster scaring him, Action Stations being turned on, or the command 'Drop Object' being clicked), he will drop the dynamite, and it will now be left on the cavern floor with the same value as any other object on the ground needing to go back to base (which would usually be Ore/Crystals).

Once things are back to normal (i.e assuming Actions Stations or whatever made the dynamite drop has now been resolved), the nearest Raider to this object is going to carry on the task. In the instance Exkajer had, the nearest Raider happened to be the one in the Small Transport Truck, and since Small Transport Trucks have the ability to carry objects back to the tool store, he picked up the dynamite like it was any other resource on the ground. Him driving from where he picked it up to the Tool Store is when Exkajer saw this happening and took the screenshot.

^ This is all hypothetical what I've just said, and I've just been making an educated guess from my knowledge of how Raiders function. Feel free to recreate the situation I've described, and see if you can get it to work. I personally haven't tried, so feel free to prove me wrong.

~Matt

No No, you're right. That's what I was getting at with my question earlier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.