Wiggle Bugs

theextractor

i have just now started up windows media player with the rock raiders cd in. the first audio track is titled 'Wiggle Bugs'

the other tracks are simply 'track 2' and 'track 3'

what's up with Wiggle Bugs? has anyone else seen this?

ok then, thats probably why.

I have the xp compatible disc, and it doesn't say wiggle bugs...Anyway, are the tracks soundign different than the ones i uploaded in the rr music tracks topic?

the songs are all the same, and it isn't called wiggle bugs in itunes. i have both audio programs automatically check online for song names. it's a mystery to me.

LOL, what does the actual music sound like?

Because it identifies the closest match, meaning that if the song isn't actually known, it won't say "No Results", but the name of a different song.

@Acmex apparently you're starwars disc is named charlotte!

the song is the same as it should be. wiggle bugs is a good name for it though!

• 1 month later...
Cid SilverWing

Not to stray off the topic, but this reminded me of an actual wiggle bug in-game that can on some occasions cause vehicle drivers to just waggle aimlessly in one spot until the vehicle is teleported out and then back down.

I just checked my disk and it says Wiggle Bugs to

This is a full Description of the version.

Edition: normal edition (not masterpiece)

That is all the info I think is needed (and that I can find)

Not to stray off the topic, but this reminded me of an actual wiggle bug in-game that can on some occasions cause vehicle drivers to just waggle aimlessly in one spot until the vehicle is teleported out and then back down.

By Jove, I think you may have a point. I wonder if there's some other hidden subtext like this one... perhaps something like Idle Forever or Leave Me Alone I'm Taking This Ore.

LOL, how long did it take you to think up those titles Cirevam?

Does this happen to any other member besides me, Shadow322, and theextractor?

• 1 month later...

LOL, what does the actual music sound like?

Because it identifies the closest match, meaning that if the song isn't actually known, it won't say "No Results", but the name of a different song.

Lawl. I think anon is right, it might just be some practical joke put in by the developers.

No, I never said that. I said it's probably a recognition error.

No, I never said that. I said it's probably a recognition error.

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

So the game can't understand itself, so it comes up with the random name "wiggle bugs"

That is a pretty dumb idea anon

I think your losing you touch

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.

So the game can't understand itself, so it comes up with the random name "wiggle bugs"

That is a pretty dumb idea anon

I think your losing you touch

Actually, I think you are.

The topic is originally about how theextractor played the RR CD in windows media player. WMP tries to automatically recognize the song, and if it's not in the database it chooses the closest match. Which happens, for some reason, to be "Wiggle Bugs".

No need to get offensive about it especially when you don't know what you're talking about. I know you hate me, but show a little respect please all the same. I don't think you would've commented like that on anybody else's post.

I side with anon...I have seen (as a modder) literally HUNDREDS of easter eggs deep within code and in files. Sonic, if you are mad at anon, take it up with him, don't flame him on a discussion forum.

I side with anon...I have seen (as a modder) literally HUNDREDS of easter eggs deep within code and in files. Sonic, if you are mad at anon, take it up with him, don't flame him on a discussion forum.

Oh no. Another person who hasn't read what I wrote. >_>

I just don't like how anon acts as a mod

He always seems like he knows everything

all I am saying is if WMP names the exact same song as "Wiggle Bugs" and not some of the exact same songs on other RR games then it CAN'T be WMP that is doing it. (unlike you, my game has it names "Wiggle Bugs")

Maybe the producers of the song gave it that name but couldn't think of names for the others. If you'll notice, Wiggle Bugs is more like a song than the other two, which are practically ambiance. My disk doesn't have the songs because I burned a copy and left the original at home, but I'm pretty sure that Wiggle Bugs is the one that has people going "Rohck Raiders!" followed by "dah dah" and a bunch of plopping sounds.

One track has a name, the others don't. Quit flaming each other.

• 8 months later...

I know I shouldn't be necroing this topic but:

Why do you think the song is call Wiggle Bugs in the 95/98 version but not in the XP version?

It can't be WMP so they probly had to take the name out because they got yelled at or something

I checked WMP and it said this:

Title: Wiggle Bugs

Length: 3:03

Artist: Unknown Artist

Album: Rock Raiders

Genre: Cave

Title: Track 2

Length: 3:32

Title: Track 3

Length: 3:07

I also checked itunes and it said this:

Name: Rck Raid 1

Time: 1:00:53

Artist: Rock Raiders

Album: Rock Raider

Genre: Soundtrack

Name: Rck Raid 2

Time: 3:03

Name: Rck Raid 3

Time: 3:32

Name: Rck Raid 4

Time: 3:07

So now we have 2 mysteries:

1) Why is track 1 called Wiggle Bugs only in WMP in the 95/98 version of the game?

2) And why is there a mysterios 4th song in the list before track 1 that you can't play in itunes and is 1 hour and 53 seconds long?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.