• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aLPHA

• Lair

• sciguy

• TheDoctor

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...be more serious. I did mean anything but not that type of anythingAm I confusing anyone?

I was perfectly serious

There's only one type of anything, and that type is completely non-restrictive. Also, Planet U does orbit around a red giant. It's in the intro movie so it's canon.

Also mentioned in 2 of the 3 books

It is probably changeable, editing the fog color may be how.

...So the Rock Raiders can change the sky color?

Could be clouds that are collecting colour of sun.

Must see what makes Mars' atmosphere pink. But then again the air on the surface seems (somewhat) breatable. Unlike Mars.

They live around a red giant...

I fail...

I thought you meant something else, not the star type. I'm sorry.

(lol, thought you meant a giant as in folk tale giant)

(lol, thought you meant a giant as in folk tale giant)

Naw, you're thinking of the Green Giant. Common mistake.

Meh...

Wasn't thinking of that. Thought he meant some sort of giant fuzzy creature that had bad sanitary habits. Seriously, I wasn't think to well when I read that reply.

Okay, just thought of this but red giant star making sky colour doesn't sound too plausible. The whole "Rock Raiders can breathe atmosphere" counteracts this. The red giant puts out very high amounts of harmful electromagnetic radiation that will ruin a planet's atmosphere. The planet's magnetic field also protects against this but, as you guys have seen in the game, the planet has no actual iron core.

Wait...

*idea*

The energy crystals produce...um...an electromagnetic field that protects the planet from this radiation. When the rock monster population increased the energy crystals started to go away. The decrease in magnetic field let the radiation through and killed life on the surface.

In order for the rock raiders to be on the surface, the might need SPF 1,000,000 sunblock to protect their sensitive skin from the dangerous levels of radiation. (or they are just plastic)

Another thing is that the red giant would make not only the sky red, but every color on the planet a red shade. Note how are sun is yellow-orange and we can see in a yellow-based spectrum. Mars also gets the same light we do only it appears red because of the oxidized iron in the soil. The atmosphere is reddish-brown because dust storms blow the dust into the upper atmosphere.

So...yeah...I hope you guys get this :/

Rock Raiders have portable shield units that protect them from extreme heat, extreme cold, and boulders falling on their heads. I don't think it's too farfetched to say that their shields could also deflect harmful radiation. I do like your theory of the crystals being the source of the magnetosphere. A huge cache of crystals near the core (which we all know exists) plus hungry monsters that eat crystals could equal extinction of surface life.

I say "near the core" because according to the shell theorem there would be no gravitational force at the very center of the planet because the net gravitational force of the parts outside of the core would be zero at the core (clunky sentence). Maybe it's for gameplay purposes, but we haven't seen zero-gravity raiders yet, and we can't really tell if we've seen increased-gravity raiders since nothing actually leaves the ground (even the helicopters have wheels that always stay on the ground). Note that this anti-gravity area would be really small and the pressures from everything else would still be insane so it's still impossible for the raiders to go there. But for something that can move through rock and is made of rock itself... I don't know. It could happen.

In an infinite universe...anything is possible. Keep that in mind everyone.

I do like the shield idea and thank you for liking that energy crystal theory. It makes sense. Also, the zero G could be accomplished by copying the normal raider file and making a new one. Rename it and anything else that needs to be renamed and add them as a new character. Also create a zero G toolstore that only teleports them down. Ad the flocking value and make only one of the flocking object. Set the raider standing still to be the movement where they normally stumble over rubble. There, zero G raiders.

rgb???

Not a computer guy, are you? :P

Why can't I get my fog as thick as yours? Is there a value near the RGB area that says that? Visibility?

Ask Cirevam how to get fog fading.

And why can't you tell me?

Forgot

I like how Lair says "ask Cirevam" when he could have said "-fvf"

:P

Cirevam, how do you make the fog thicker?

add -fvf to the shortcut file target

I think Cirevam said something about there being a "-superfvf" switch as well. Anyway, also maybe try playing with the "fograte" value under the level section

I think Cirevam said something about there being a "-superfvf" switch as well.

Image2.png

I loled so hard at that.

That was me. Messing with H2. Cirevam just played along.

I think Cirevam said something about there being a "-superfvf" switch as well.

Image2.png

I loled so hard at that.

That was me. Messing with H2. Cirevam just played along.

TEAMWORK FTW!

Can we all work together and stop acting like I'm still noob?!?!

Okay, so I fell for it, big deal...now let's continue with this topic of planet U's sky.

(I know someone will not heed my word and that will put me in a bad mood)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.