Map Fail

TheEPICtrainrider

TheEPICtrainrider

None of my maps are working. None. The bad part is, I think Cyrem's guide is lacking a little bit. (He forgot to add that you need to make it 01.ol and Surf_01.map, and what files are ABSOLUTELY needed to run a level) so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Included in this is a level I made with the MC and doesn't work. I need somebody to ether tell me what I did wrong, or what I can do to fix it, all in less then 20 hours, otherwise we may never see my week-long overhual modification. In the meantime, I'll use the the old ME to edit the files I already have to see if I can pop out 90% of the levels tonight.

Test00.zip

Well, 2 things odd I saw.

1) The cavern had 00 in the cavern. When I placed hidden areas, it had a hex of 01. Looking in the wiki, I see that hidden areas are a hex of 02, 01 is an exposed area, and 00 is no cavern (if you do this it will create huge hills only dynamite can break). So... CYREM? WHAT'S GOING ON?

2) There was hard rock at the edges. I don't know if that does anything though.

But Cyrem, what about #1?

TheEPICtrainrider

1) The cavern had 00 in the cavern. When I placed hidden areas, it had a hex of 01. Looking in the wiki, I see that hidden areas are a hex of 02, 01 is an exposed area, and 00 is no cavern (if you do this it will create huge hills only dynamite can break). So... CYREM? WHAT'S GOING ON?

1) So I have to fix this with hex?

2) I did that. I just like it like that.

None of my maps are working. None. The bad part is, I think Cyrem's guide is lacking a little bit. (He forgot to add that you need to make it 01.ol and Surf_01.map, and what files are ABSOLUTELY needed to run a level) so I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Included in this is a level I made with the MC and doesn't work. I need somebody to ether tell me what I did wrong, or what I can do to fix it, all in less then 20 hours, otherwise we may never see my week-long overhual modification. In the meantime, I'll use the the old ME to edit the files I already have to see if I can pop out 90% of the levels tonight.

Test00.zip

1. You do not need to add 01 or any number to maps to make them work.

2. Documentation has not been written because it is a BETA program, when it is finished I'll write the guide... stuff is changing all the time so there is no point until v1.0 is out.

3. Required to run are: Surf, Dugg, Cror, High, OL and NPL. If you add fall and erod, you need to add the properties to your level code.

4. There is a problem with map sizing that I found the other day as well as a correction to the way surf files export ground. I have to do further testing to see if these problems actually cause issues in the game. You will see the map size problem when you import a map they you create from scratch because it will be -1 in height to the size your originally made it at.

1) 00 appears where walls are not hidden, 01 is for ground that is not hidden, 02 is hidden or hidden water/lava. However in the hex view of MC it is wrong, thanks for picking that out. But the map files are still exported correctly, this is just an MC view problem.

2)Hard rock shouldn't be a problem, the game usually add solid rock around the edge of the map anyway.

3) Your OL file is experiencing the other bug MC has(which is fixed in F2). Both the camera and the toolstore are "object1". This happens when you add the toolstore before the camera. Change the toolstore to object 2.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.