Mysterious lines in the CFG

sciguy

While going through the CFG I have found quite a few lines that I have no idea what they do. Here is a list of them. If you have any ideas or know for sure what they do, post it. And if you know what another function does or have an idea as to what it does, post it here as well, then we can compile a complete list of the functions/lines and what they do. Please do not post random guesses if you have absolutely no idea.

• CollRadius
  • CollHeight
  • TrackDist
  • pickSphere

Coll stands for collision. That's required for objects to hit each other or to know where they're at.

Tracking Distance is how far a creature can sense things. Like how far away a snail can sense a powered base.

Pick sphere I believe has to do with selecting RR's.

• 4 weeks later...

Now, has anyone figured out what exactly the following lines do?

ErodeTriggerTime

ErodeLockTime

ErodeErodeTime

NumberOfLandslidesTillCavein

ErodeTriggerTime

NumberOfLandslidesTillCavein

1) Speed of erosion? I don't really know.

2) A cave in (or fallin?) is a really big landslide that reaches to two squares instead of just one. I'll bet that cave ins won't happen as often if you make the number higher.

Edit: Ninja'd by a rockwhale.

ok, now does the line "SeeThruWalls" do anything, and if so what? And the line "FrontEndOpen" does what? If there are any other lines that you know what they do, post em. I wanna make my CFG editor as accurate and as thorough as possible.

oh, and the 2 priorities "GetTool" and "Train", do they actually do anything and does anyone know if adding/removing them will cause any differences? I noticed that they only appear in a few levels priorities.

a few other lines:

RoughLevel

digDepth

and I know what "UseRoof" probably does, but has anyone tested it and confirmed it actually does anything?

While going through the CFG I have found quite a few lines that I have no idea what they do. Here is a list of them. If you have any ideas or know for sure what they do, post it. And if you know what another function does or have an idea as to what it does, post it here as well, then we can compile a complete list of the functions/lines and what they do. Please do not post random guesses if you have absolutely no idea.

• CollRadius
  • CollHeight
  • TrackDist
  • pickSphere

Coll radius = collision radius basically how large the square is that will make the ai avoid hitting the object

collheight= how tall that square is

trackdist= how far away the object is seen from radar view

picksphere= how close a raider has to get to pick up said object

this is pretty elementary stuff

ok, now does the line "SeeThruWalls" do anything, and if so what? And the line "FrontEndOpen" does what? If there are any other lines that you know what they do, post em. I wanna make my CFG editor as accurate and as thorough as possible.

oh, and the 2 priorities "GetTool" and "Train", do they actually do anything and does anyone know if adding/removing them will cause any differences? I noticed that they only appear in a few levels priorities.

a few other lines:

RoughLevel

digDepth

and I know what "UseRoof" probably does, but has anyone tested it and confirmed it actually does anything?

SeeTrhuWalls: IDK.

FrontEndOpen: The level is open on the Level Screen by default. Used on Tutorial1 and Level1 on the main screen and all 8 Tutorials on the Tutorial Screen.

GetTool and Train are important as they tell the rock raider what priority he does those things on AND they are not chngable in-game. I think.

UseRoof doesn't actualy do anything if set to false. The roof is still there.

yeah, the thing is that the getTool and Train priorities do not appear in every level, so i was wondering if they are still used

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.