Amending LegoRR.wad

Foreststrike

I've just tested this out today, in fact, a few minutes ago... you can apparently amend the game's WAD files... here's a pic I used, the default Slimy Slug (LegoRR0.WAD) is a scale of 1.0, but in LegoRR2.WAD it's a scale of 2.5, so LegoRR2.WAD overrided LegoRR0.WAD.

proofy.th.jpg

proof1n.th.jpg

proof2n.th.jpg

so go ahead... make as many WAD Files as you please, because the game will amend that change in the file... just make sure you create the folder labeled as LegoRR# (Where "#" is the number for your modded file folder, E.G. 0, 1, 2, 3, 4)

The only thing is that it may conflict with other mods of the same file and name... so be careful with numbering your WAD files. :)

This gives me an idea...

When you want to install a mod, just download a wad from the site that contains only the edited files.

Then, rename it to a number that does not exist in your rr directory, and is higher than all the rest.

Place it there.

Then it will overide all the other files that have the same name...

Easy mod install and you don't lose any old mods, just take out the wad to convert back.

Ok Update...

I have two files named LegoRR2.WAD (which contains a Lego.cfg) and LegoRR3.WAD (which also contains Lego.cfg)

I modded one object which was the Small Digger (Line 2631):

The Drill Times in LegoRR2.WAD for it is:

- MedDrillTime                 10.000:20.000:10.000:20.000:10.000:20.000:10.000:20.000

- LooseDrillTime              20.000:10.000:20.000:10.000:20.000:10.000:20.000:10.000

- HardDrillTime                20.000:45.000:20.000:45.000:20.000:45.000:20.000:45.000

The Drill Time in LegoRR3.WAD for it is:

- HardDrillTime                2.000:4.500:2.000:4.500:2.000:4.500:2.000:4.500

- LooseDrillTime              Default Values

- MedDrillTime                 Default Values

LegoRR3.WAD overrided LegoRR2.WAD even though it had different values for the Small Digger... I'm gonna test one more time but this time in LegoRR2.WAD, I'll have HardDrillTime as it's Default Values.

If it doesn't modify the values from both files and only one file, then it's clearly a "priority, highest number" (Ex. LegoRR35.WAD will override any of the lower numbered WADs) type of thing going on with the game, and will override any of the same files that's contained in any of the lower priority WAD files.

UPDATE:

It's a "whose the higher value" for these WAD's... so be careful when making them as they CAN BE overrided by a higher prioritized WAD File if two WAD Files have the same files in each container. and now you may make your WAD Files. :D

Edited by Foreststrike

Well... right now I'm now running the whole game data in one whole LegoRR0.WAD file, the missions, the data, it's all there including the Lego.cfg and langs, this was done with Baz's mod and I'm sure it can be done with the vanilla... as to which I'm gonna test but have no doubt in my mind that it will work... I mean, you can now basically do whole conversions of new vehicles, graphics and the like and push the engine to the limits now. :D

Yes, this is truly amazing. And makes modding easier as you can just download the reskin, put it in a separate wad that has the highest number yet, and it will override the default skins of the models you're changing.

Well, it's easiest using the "no wads" trick.

Now, someone needs to test which has higher priority, the Data folder or the WAD files.

WAD overrides the Folder and Files...

In the file Lego.cfg, I modded the same object, the Small Digger:

HardDrillTime all 1.000 across the board

In the WAD, the Default Values were used:

HardDrillTime 120.000:90.000:120.000:90.000:120.000:90.000:120.000:90.000

So, as previously stated, the WAD overrided the Files.

• 2 weeks later...

The fact that LegoRR#.wad can be 0-9 and the overriding thing is already posted. I have been using this idea since.

NOTE: It was on the old forum, thus some people may have missed it.

• 2 months later...

And I reposted the topic. Same section as this one, instructions on how. I dont know if it was before or after this. Data<LegoRR0<LegoRR1<LegoRR2<LegoRR3<LegoRR4<LegoRR5<LegoRR6<LegoRR7<LegoRR8<LegoRR9<Disk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.