Rru: The Return To Planet U

Lair

This is basically the first chapter of the story I promised. It focuses completely around RRU members. If any members want to suggest stuff about their or other character’s [insert stuff about characters here], please do.

IT’S 9:15 PM WHERE I LIVE, SO THIS IS A VALID CONTEST ENTRY.

Introduction

Years ago, a lost spacecraft arrived at a mysterious planet. They were trapped, and the only way to get home lay on the planet. They went into the unknown, battled their way through the mysteries and monsters. They had to face all sorts of dangers to get enough Energy Crystals to escape from the planet and return home. They were fearless miners. They were the Rock Raiders!

Decades later, another ship arrived at the same planet. This ship came there intentionally. They came for the purpose of studying the planet. They wanted to learn more about the mysteries of that world that had been discovered those many years before.

They were the new generation of Rock Raiders. And they had a single mission.

To Return to Planet U.

Chapter 1

From Space to Surface

"ALERT! ALL CREW MEMBERS ARE TO REPORT TO THE CENTRAL ROOM IMEDIATALY!"

The message boomed across the ship. It was the sign that the journey was over. Everyone onboard made their way towards the Central Room of the R.R.U. Explorer.

"Oh no... I hope this isn't another hoax..." a very grumpy Lieutenant was muttering to himself.

"Oh, don't be such a grouch, LZ. You know Cyrem likes to pull pranks every now and then!" The other Lieutenant, RockmoddeR, was in a cheerful mood that day, much unlike LordZakida.

"Phoo."

"Hurry up! Hurry up! Don't keep the man waiting!" Commander Cirevam was yelling over the loudspeakers.

Half an hour later, almost the whole crew of Rock Raiders was standing in a giant room. There were some standing on platforms, stairwells, a few were even in an elevator! And Lieutenant Anonymouse had somehow tethered himself to the ceiling. There were probably some crew members in their rooms as well, since the crew capacity of the ship was both huge and expandable from what it was holding!

At the center of the far wall of the room, a large railed platform was suspended there, with a sliding door in the center as the only way on it. On either end of it were the two Commanders of the ship: Addictgamer and Cirevam. Cirevam was shaking his head and muttering something about "foo's not gathering quickly enough."

Anonymouse was smiling to himself. "Heh, I have the best view from up here. No crowds at all. I can see and hear everything. Nothing can happen now."

Suddenly, the center door on the platform opened. A figure that was clearly Captain Cyrem walked out onto the platform. Silence fell onto the room.

"Wow, I didn't even have to yell once." The speaker was clearly Cirevam.

"Now then, since everyone is here, I would like to make an announcement to all of you: we have arrived!"

Whispers filled the room. Everyone seemed shocked that they had finally made it.

"However, our teleporters are not yet functioning properly or completely, and they need to be homed in on the caverns under the planet. So before we can begin, I need to send down a team to scout around the surface and see if they can collect a few crystals or something.

"So, any volunteers?"

No one spoke.

"I'll pick people out if no one wants to go..."

"Please don't pick me" was all that was in LordZakida's mind.

"Alright then. The team will be Sonic322, Shadow322, TheEPICtrainrider, TheDoctor, and Anonymouse will be the team leader."

"Yes, he didn't pick me!," LordZakida thought.

"What?" Anonymouse heard his name. "What about me?"

Everyone looked up at Mouse. Addictgamer shook his head in dismay. "Mouse, get down here now."

"Well, I would, if I knew how..."

After a long series of events trying to get Anonymouse down (upon which he finally just cut the tether and landed on something set below him), the five scouts prepared for their mission.

"Just think," Sonic322 said, "we'll be the first people to set foot on that planet in decades!"

"How do you know there haven't been others here?" Shadoww322 remarked.

"Because... Oh don't ruin the effect!"

"Why? You want to feel special?"

Sonic322 rolled his eyes. "You're an idiot."

"No you're an idiot."

"No, you're the idiot!"

"You are!

"You are!"

"Will both of you PLEASE SHUT UP!" Anonymouse was not in a pleasant mood after his recent experiences.

The room was silent.

"You are." Shadow322 muttered.

"Sir, they're ready."

"Excellent!" Cyrem turned away from Addictgamer and walked over to a monitor.

Down in the Teleport room, a screen flickered to life, with Cyrem's face upon it.

"Now then, are you all prepared?"

"Yes sir" was the immediate response.

"You know there could be anything down there, right?"

"Yes sir."

"Good. The teleporter will activate in ten seconds. Good luck, Rock Raiders!"

On the surface of the planet was a small Tool Store. In that Tool Store was a Rock Raider teleporting in. That Rock Raider was Anonymouse.

The five of them had arrived down at the surface of Planet U.

There wasn’t much there. The surface was little more than a rocky field with boulders and geysers strewn about. An occasional spire was sticking out of the ground, and some mountains could be seen in the distance, and one was even close to them. The sky was a light pink color, and a large red star filled some of the sky. The air was hot and dry, and dust clouds were scattered around.

TheEPICtrainrider looked around. "Well… there’s nothing here. Just rocks. And it’s hot. So how again are we supposed to get into the planet?"

Anonymouse shrugged. "Dig around until we find something."

"Like this, you mean?"

Everyone looked toward TheDoctor, who had walked off a distance. He was standing beside something. Anonymouse ran over to him to see what the commotion was. Everyone followed.

They found themselves standing beside a large hole in a mountain, big enough for 2 Chrome Crushers side-by-side.

"I’m not going in there," Sonic322 remarked.

"Someone has too," Anonymouse said.

"Can’t we send a probe down there? At least if it falls we can still track it, and no one will die," TheDoctor asked.

Anonymouse was silent for a moment, staring into the cave. Then he picked up his transmitter. "Cyrem, are you there?"

"I hear you loud and clear."

"Good. We have found a large cavern. How can we find out how deep it goes?"

"Where is this hole you found?" Cyrem asked.

"In the side of a mountain."

"Would this happen to be an extinct volcano?"

Anonymouse was silent for a moment. "Cyrem, we need a Tunnel Transport."

"Wait a moment."

A few seconds later, a Tunnel Transport suddenly materialized beside them. It was carrying a bucket filled with equipment.

"That was fast," Shadow322 commented.

Anonymouse, TheDoctor and TheEPICtrainrider got into the cockpit. The large blades of the helicopter began spinning, and the engine turned on with a roar.

"Hey, where do we sit?" Sonic322 yelled.

"Don’t worry," Anonymouse said, "We’ll be back!"

The Tunnel Transport moved into the cave. A few minutes later, the 3 Raiders walked out of the cave.

"Now then," Anonymouse said, "We’ll need to get stuff from the Tool Store as well. We had better-" He was cut off by a loud roar coming from the cave. Everyone turned to look.

Standing in the cave entrance was a huge creature. It was at least 20 feet high. It had glowing yellow eyes, and burnt, molten skin. It resembled a Lava Monster, but it was much fiercer looking. With a loud roar, it stomped the ground with its foot. The entrance to the cave suddenly collapsed.

It was silent for a moment.

"Oh boy," Shadow322 said, "We’re in a mess now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.