Modding Island Xtreme Stunts

lol username

lol username

I've been looking through the game files, and I'm pretty close to making custom levels for the "Trouble In Store" minigame. The files that store the level data is extremely simple:

C  1

F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F

F  F  F  F  F  F BW  F  F  F  F  F  F

F  F BW  F  F  F  F  F  F YT  F BW  F

F  F BW  F  F BW BW  F  F  F  F BW  F

F  F BW  F  F BW BW  F  F  F  F  F  F

F  F  F  F  F YC  F BW  F  F  F  F  F

F  F BW BW  F  F  F  F  F  F BW BW  F

The number at the beginning defines the number of crates in place needed to count the level as complete, and the rest is extremely obvious. Here is Level 5 in-game (Jack's store): http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/Lego-Island/ixs_tis.bmp (Sorry, was in a hurry and just used .bmp as it's Paint's default) And here is the level file:
C  2

BW F  F BT  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F

F  F  F  F BW BW BW BW BW BW BW  F  F

F  F  F  F  F  F BW  F  F  F  F  F  F

F  F YC BW BW BW BW BW  F BC BW  F  F

F BW  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F  F

BW BW BW F  F  F  F  F BW BW BW  F  F

BW BW BW BW F  F  F  F  F BW YT  F  F

So far, editing the files just causes the game to crash when it loads the edited level, but I'm working on finding out why. Wish me luck!

Fluffy Cupcake
IES was and is one of my most favorite games of. all. time.
IES was good, but I miss going to different Islands like on the 2nd one.

• 2 years later...

So, I've kinda took another step further in modding this game.

game_2013-01-16_20-54-46-24.png

This is Pepper's outfit used in Ripcord Rescue.

game_2013-01-16_19-57-21-09.png

This is Studz Linkin over Snap Lockitt.

This was done by swapping the .bmb files located in various folders in the folders in the cdc folder (ex. Z06CAR)

CHARXXX.bmb seem to be the textures for characters.

• Like 2

As Pepper's beta stunt outfit with the orange shirt was among the textures ripped from the game, it's obviously still in the game assets. Any chance you could find it, and swap it with the normal black one?

I don't know.

The textures are unsorted, I found the black one due to the folder having "CAR" in it, so I assumed that was the Freeway Frenzy minigame's files, and took the bmbs with the "PEPP" header, renamed them, and pasted them over the "PEPP" files in the folder with "DEF" in it...

It's easier to do than to describe.

• 5 months later...

i can't find those files!

help

This topic has been silent for almost 6 months...

The first thing you need to do create a copy of the game that you can run without a disk. For more information, go to http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/1301-running-lego-island-xtreme-stunts-without-a-disc/ .

After you do this, you can access and swap the files. Because it can be hard to know what goes with what, I have been working on a list at http://www.rockraidersunited.org/topic/4938-island-xtreme-stunts-moddingfile-research-topic/ that contains screenshots for all the character textures. I have also been working on a non-visual list that lists all the models and textures.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.