Lego Digital Designer - Lego Universe Mode

s0d3rb3rg

Getting tired of the same old brick collection in LDD? Well, there is a way to get more bricks and by more bricks I mean LOADS of more bricks. It's called "Lego Universe Mode" and to get it, just follow these steps.

(This is for Windows, I don't know how to do it on other OS)

1. open "Run" and type in this:

For Vista/7 users - C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\preferences.ini

For XP users - C:\Documents And Settings\UserName\ApplicationData\Lego Company\Lego Digital Designer\preferences.ini

2. now a "Notepad" window should open and it should say

language=EN

ApplicationID=a16ab013-d742-4766-a1e5-29d5f268fa1e

ApplicationVersion=3.1.3

CameraControlRect=0 0 350 0

mainWindowOrigin=0 0

mainWindowSize=1261 768

PaletteNames=Atlantis|1,BigRig|13,CoolCars|8,DreamHouse|13,Excavator|2,Factory|36,FastFlyers|11,FerrisWheel|13,Hauler|2,LEGOMindstormsNXT|7,LEGOMindstormsNXT2|5,MakeAndCreate|21,Mindstorms|20,MiniAnimals|4,MiniConstruction|5,MiniFlyers|6,MiniRobots|7,MonsterDino|13,Snowmobile|6,TownHouse|7

RecentModels=

DirectorySet=yes

BrickSizeScale=100
Add this to a new line at the bottom:
Themeaccess=LEGOUniverse

3. File>Save

4. Run LDD and when the window where it asks you to select theme pops up, you'll notice that there is a new theme tab called "Lego Universe"

HAVE FUN! xD

Dude. This was supposed to be made ONLY for the Eurobricks forum, so you have to sign up for the forum in order to know....

Someone please remove this. It shouldn't be here.

This post says:

How do I get access to LU-mode?

If you agree to the above disclaimer, read below how to read how to activate LU mode. Please do NOT re-post that information on the internet, on this forum or any other forum. Instead, link to this post. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh look, they don't require for you to sign up.....but it still asks you to not repost.

This post says:

How do I get access to LU-mode?

If you agree to the above disclaimer, read below how to read how to activate LU mode. Please do NOT re-post that information on the internet, on this forum or any other forum. Instead, link to this post. Thank you.

EDIT: Oh look, they don't require for you to sign up.....but it still asks you to not repost.

And by what authority do they have to restrict information like that to that forum? If you google it, you'll see plenty of places that show you how to do this. Including our own:

I was just saying that we should respect what they asked.....it was set up so that you had to sign up, but I guess they changed that part of it. But still....

Unless they own Lego Digital Designer or Lego Universe, in part or in whole, they have no legal authority to restrict information like that. To me it looks like a forum made by a bunch of fans and run by an Australian, ergo, they don't own the copyrights to any Lego stuff.

Just never mind. I was just trying to respect peoples' wishes. But never mind. Go ahead. Forget it.

What wishes? Firstly he said "that" ( he should of said "this" ) meaning the info above the disclaimer... the instructions are below. Secondly, he doesn't have the right to restrict public information, if anything, he could get in trouble for saying that. Thirdly, LEGO is not affiliated with EURO Bricks. Fourthly, s0d3rb3rg hasn't copied and pasted his post (which WOULD be wrong).

s0d3rb3rg, has every right to post this information wherever he wants. After all, the poster does not have any ownership of the information itself. The only thing he owns is his post... but then, that is questionable also.

Actually, 'that' was referring to 'how to activate LU mode in LDD'. The owner said 'repost', which means posting the information again.

But as I said. Just forget it. I was trying to repect the poster wanting to keep the information only on Eurobricks, but again, it's nothing. Forget I said anything.

But as I said. Just forget it. I was trying to repect the poster wanting to keep the information only on Eurobricks, but again, it's nothing. Forget I said anything.

It's good that you have that respect, but it's not EuroBricks's information to start with. If s0d3rb3rg had copied his post, you would have been right to say he shouldn't have done that, but s0d3rb3rg didn't copy his post, he re-wrote it in his own words... similar to what you do at school I guess.

If you don't want to argue then don't post anymore. Jesus. Your last three posts all contained "forget it" yet you did the exact opposite. Topic locked to prevent more hypocrisy.