How To Add Custom Levels In-Game

PWNZOR

What you'll need:

Step One:

• You should have a list of files from the Map Creator such as:
    gallery_23_73_14864.png
  • Now, what you need to do is stick those files in a folder, and place that folder in the DataLevelsGameLevels folder (Data Method) or the LegoRR0\Levels\GameLevels.

Step Two:

• Open your Lego.cfg. Find where your desired level to overwrite is located. (Level 1 is located at Level01 { in the CFG)
  • Delete any lines where it says any of the following:
    • CryoreMap
    • SurfaceMap
    • PredugMap
    • TerrainMap
    • ErodeMap
    • PathMap
    • BlockPointersMap
    • FallinMap
    • EmergeMap
    • OListFile
    • PTLFile
    • NERPFile
    • NERPMessageFile

[*]If you're going to make your NPL file, now's the best time to make it. Place it in the folder with your newly created levels.

[*]Copy the PTL file from any of other levels and place it in this same folder.

NOTE: For the following statements, [Folder Name] means whatever your folder with your files is named.

Step Three:

• If your folder contains a Cror.map file, then add the following code to the level in the CFG:

CryoreMap		Levels\GameLevels\[Folder Name]\Cror.map
  • If your folder contains a High.map file, then add the following code to the level in the CFG:

SurfaceMap		Levels\GameLevels\[Folder Name]\High.map

• Repeat with:
    • Dugg.map --> PredugMap
    • Surf.map --> TerrainMap
    • Path.map --> PathMap
    • Erod.map --> ErodeMap
    • Tuto.map --> BlockPointersMap
    • Fall.map --> FallinMap
    • Emrg.map --> EmergeMap
    • ObjectList.ol --> OListFile
    • [Name].ptl --> PTLFile
    • [Name].npl --> NERPFile

My Progress:

Spoiler

gallery_23_73_51075.png

Spoiler

gallery_23_73_26438.png

Spoiler

gallery_23_73_16708.png

Spoiler

gallery_23_73_101041.png

• 3 months later...

first i have to say hello and that my english isn't the best in anyway

i've played this years ago and it was just fantastic, yesterday i reinstalled rockraiders but i can't run it in window mode... (not fullscreen)

how did you got it run in window mode?? can you tell me?

how did you got it run in window mode?? can you tell me?

Right-click your shortcut and go to properties. In the line that says "Target:", add "-window -best" to the end of the line without the quote " " marks.

thanks for your answer!!

i've tried this with just adding "-w // -window" and it doesn't worked.. it simply crashed!!

now i get a directx 3D error, but the reason for this is probably my graphic chip! it had been broken a week ago and i'm using now my onboard graphic chip...

and that one isn't the best.. and doesn't support other 3d games! i've also bought a new one but i'm still waiting until it comes! the weird thing is that RR workes in fullscreen but not on window mode... that's strange

but at all thanks for your answer i'll trie this out when i have my new graphic chip ! and still hoping you can understand me =)

sry, for my bad english it's under the a-levels. i have to go still two years until i'll reach the a-levels!

• 4 weeks later...

Be warned, Ogun's compiler only works on Win7 (don't ask how I know this).

Would you stop saying that? Ogun's compiler works on vista and probably XP too. Just cause you're having trouble getting it to work doesn't mean it only works on an OS you don't have.

I have the same problem. When i start the game with "-window" it write me that "No DirectX 3D accelerator could be found". What it means? Sorry my English, i am russian.

! it is windows vista on my PC

I have the same problem. When i start the game with "-window" it write me that "No DirectX 3D accelerator could be found". What it means? Sorry my English, i am russian.

! it is windows vista on my PC

You have to have set your computer's display to 16-bit color mode.

Thanks, its work!!! But i still have a question about levels. There are more files, then we can see in this tutorial. How to made for example .nrn or .blx?

You can ignore .nrn and .blx files.

nrn is a nerps script's source.

.blx is unknown.

If you want to know more, http://www.rockraidersunited.org/wiki/index.php?title=Game_Files

• 2 months later...

Make sure that the camera is not placed at or near the boundary of the level when you make it. If it's within a square or two of the absolute boundary rock, it can get stuck, at least in my experience.

Addictgamer

Make sure that the camera is not placed at or near the boundary of the level when you make it. If it's within a square or two of the absolute boundary rock, it can get stuck, at least in my experience.

Yes, what he said ^

I've had many problems with this when making maps...

• 3 weeks later...

YES CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!! I GO TO ROCKRAIDERS AND THERE IS NO LEVEL FILE OR STUFF LIKE THAT. ITs the AVi and two other things. please help thank you :)

Extract the .wad files, then that creates a logic branch. Move the extracted files to data and change the wad to old, or leave it as it is and recompile them when you are done modding.

There are tools for the job in the download section.

On 4/5/2011 at 9:46 AM, Tracked Mbl Lsr Cttr said:

Extract the .wad files, then that creates a logic branch. Move the extracted files to data and change the wad to old, or leave it as it is and recompile them when you are done modding.

There are tools for the job in the download section.

Ok well i tried to download a wad mod tool and i have winrar..i extracted the file and some runtime error thing cam up. any ideas on what to do?

I have tired to run as an admin but i get the same message

go to this link i have posted screen shots of what i get when i click run WAD TOOL

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x467/youngsayon123/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.