Today Is A Sad Day

RockRaider

Hai guise :P

Well...today I tried to run LRR and it doesn't work. ;( I run LegoRR.exe, and the 'splash screen' shows up, but after a little while it either just disappears and nothing happens or it disappears and comes up with the error message that says x program has encountered a problem and needs to close. I have tried just about everything...and nothing seems to differ the result. I've tried running it in every compatibility mode, running in in windowed mode (-w), running in 256 colours, disabling visual themes (yea I know it has nothing to do with this but I figured I'd just try for lolz), and so on. I've even booted up Fedora and tried to run LRR on it, but no such luck. I've just about had it...so unless anyone else has any suggestions...no LRR for me anymore. :(

-rr

TheEPICtrainrider

Please post your

Os

Computer Specs

Any mods you may have installed

Sexy stuff

And if you have set fire to your PC in the last 3 hours.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)

BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 1.4.1

Processor: IntelĀ® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 3070MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX

-------------

Sound Devices

-------------

Description: SB X-Fi Audio [CCE0]

No mods, re-installed it so it's a fresh install.

TheEPICtrainrider

If all else fails, your disc is scratched, and you rather just "buy" another copy, try one of the highly skeptical methods of removing scratches from CDs. Just as a last resort before "buying" another copy.

You. Guy with the LRR movies on youtube.

Are there any other computers at your house?

DUMB QUESTION: Did you get D3DRM.DLL and place it where you installed LRR?

Whatever .. I say the WAD's are dead :P

I deleted the WAD's and the same thing happens to me...

Maybe someone can upload original WAD's .. think it's not illegal.

I back-upped my WAD's .. so I could upload. . but .. my Internet is SOOOO slow .... -.- ...

Yea, my disk has seen better days. As you may have seem from MY APPLICATION FOR FORUM AWARDS, I have an ORIGINAL copy of LRR from 1999. It was not designed for Windows XP, but it still worked just fine on it up until now. I have gotten it to work just fine on another computer with XP, so I know it's not the disk (yet). Anyone have a suggestion as to what I can do to kinda...restore it I guess?

Oh wad I'm so bad at trying to help people with getting the game to run... Well, you could always see if your game is diskless. If the exe file is around 700 kb and the icd file is 0 bytes, then take the disk out and run it. Sometimes that helps if a scratched disk is causing read errors.

LegoRR.exe is 273 KB and LegoRR.icd is 720 KB. Figured it wouldn't work based on that, tried it anyway, didn't work. Splash screen didn't even come up. But thanks for trying. :)

DUMB QUESTION: Did you get D3DRM.DLL and place it where you installed LRR?

EQUALLY DUMB ANSWER: No. I did not. I have done so. It didn't help. Thanks for trying though. :)

• 4 months later...

In case anyone's interested, today I put my CD in and just for lulz tried to run. It works perfectly. :D Who knows what was causing it... >.>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.