Email From The Creator Of Lego Island

lol username

Maybe we should sign a petition or something and email it to Lego and ask them to make Lego Island 3. I think Wes should work on Lego Island 3 since he did such an awesome job with Lego Island.
That would be cool having a 3rd Lego Island. It would be nice to do a petition, but I'm not exactly sure it would work. But it is worth a try. :af:Edit: IXS is Lego Island 3, so shouldn't it be LI4?

Yes, it is worth a try. I want to do it!

Um...I don't care what it would be called. I just want it to be like Lego Island. Only...better...Today there's no excuse for not packing it full of everything the devs can think of. Our computers can handle it.

Send in a crapload to Lego. And I have a few words of my own to add about their modern products vs old ones.And I've been in that argument before. Most people say that was a spin-off and not a 3rd game. I really don't care as long as it's a new Island with all the old stuff.

A crapload of what?

Last of all, who leads the movement for a new Lego Island?

Someone who is a seasoned, veteran player of all the LEGO Island games and LEGO games and sets related to or have anything to do with LEGO Island in general.

Guys, think about this. What company does LEGO use to make games these days?

Travelers Tales.

Do we really want our favorite game series, which already has a great finale and ending (Minus the loose ends like Pepper's dad and Captian Click) ruined by Travelers Tales? I say we just ask Wes to write some stories to tie up the loose ends, and leave the game series done. Island Xtreme Stunts is gonna be hard to top, and if done by Travelers Tales, it's not gonna live up to the originals. The game series is final. As much as I would love to have the story continued, I certainly don't want another LEGO Island game, as chances are it will just wreck the series.

Although if done right, and tied up the loose ends, and not made by TT Games, I would like to see Island Xtreme Stunts 2. I just don't want a repeat of LEGO Island 2, which left a bad mark on the series.

First off: Lego is always switching developers.

Second off: if Wes has the same role as in Lego Island, odds are it'll be as good as Lego Island.

Third off: for now, writing stories to tie up the loose ends would be good.

Maybe this would inspire indies to group together and make a true continuation for the island series. Screw copyright issues, there are workarounds.

Fourth off: I really want a continuation of Lego Island (not including 2 and extreme stunts since they aren't as good). So there has to be some way...

Fluffy Cupcake
Fourth off: I really want a continuation of Lego Island (not including 2 and extreme stunts since they aren't as good).
I like xtreme stunts just as much. And I'm fine with LI2. The liking depends on the person.

Guys, think about this. What company does LEGO use to make games these days?

Travelers Tales.

Do we really want our favorite game series, which already has a great finale and ending (Minus the loose ends like Pepper's dad and Captian Click) ruined by Travelers Tales? I say we just ask Wes to write some stories to tie up the loose ends, and leave the game series done. Island Xtreme Stunts is gonna be hard to top, and if done by Travelers Tales, it's not gonna live up to the originals. The game series is final. As much as I would love to have the story continued, I certainly don't want another LEGO Island game, as chances are it will just wreck the series.

Although if done right, and tied up the loose ends, and not made by TT Games, I would like to see Island Xtreme Stunts 2. I just don't want a repeat of LEGO Island 2, which left a bad mark on the series.

Amen, brother!! Although I'd like a prequel to LI.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a new Email from Wes!

Hey, Wes,

Sorry I haven't talked to you for a while.

So, I have some more questions about LEGO Island. I've heard from some people that there were some things, other than the Phanta Sea game, that were cut from the original game. Something about some extra minigames if you finished everything on the score cube or something. Do you know anything about this?

Also, just out of curiosity, were there any characters that were taken out of the final game for LEGO Island? Or any other things? Other than Phanta Sea, that is. Do you know anything else about that Phanta Sea game? Were Pepper and the other characters from LEGO Island going to be featured in it?

One last thing: I thought that the actual minifigure-scaled LEGO Island was on display somewhere in LEGOLAND California. After you told me that it was mostly trashed, I was really upset. So I decided that I'll try to rebuild LEGO Island. I started an entire topic on Rockraidersunited.org on this. There's a link to the topic at the end of this Email.

Anyways, I wrote that I was going to try and get pieces to build the Information Center first. I'm doing this first because this was the only LEGO-built structure, as far as I know, that wasn't made into an official LEGO set. And I don't think it will be easy getting the actual sets from LEGO Island. But I found a website a while back that sells old LEGO pieces that the actual LEGO website doesn't make anymore. That website's called Bricklink. It's amazing what the Internet can do now, eh?

Also, I'm well aware that the Island wasn't completely made of LEGO; that the base was built from something else. I'm also aware that this whole project will probably cost around $1000, maybe more. And so far... I have absolutely nothing. This will probably take forever (5-7 years) to build the entire Island from scratch, but it will be completely worth every ounce of effort I put into this. Like I said before, LEGO Island's the only LEGO game (that I own) that I still play on a regular basis, so I have no problems wanting to do this.

So, why I'm telling you this is because a) I need your help with this; and b) It's your Island!

I need to know anything you know about the actual Island. About how big was it? What kind of material was the base made from? I'm not sure, but were the houses in the Residential Area actual sets?

And one last thing: I'm going to need an actual picture of the Information Center to build it. I can't tell how many pieces I'll need from the one in the game. If you could send me a picture, I'll greatly appreciate it!

Oh, yeah! I think LEGO's trying to bring back something to do with LEGO Island. It's a game that has a skateboarding kid chasing after a diamond thief... It's nowhere near as good as the real deal, but it's worth a look:

And here's the link to my Island topic:

Great talking to you,

Zack

Wes replied:

Hey Zack-

Merry Christmas, by the way.

No extra mini games were planned via the score box. All of the stuff on there almost didn't fit on one CD in those days.

We did have plans for a lot of separate games though- different products.

40 characters are in the game. none were left out....although I did want more of the "Funbergs". they were to be this husband and wife who were tourists on the Island.

No, the actual island was just in the work place. It was 2 ping-pong sized tables put together; lengthwise. The land was made out of stacked Styrofoam, modeling clay and paint. I don't remember how much it cost but I know Mindscape didn't give me a $1,000 for it...of course, the LEGOs were free...so maybe it does cost that much...All of the buildings were made from actual LEGOs. After the project was complete, the Island was dismantled. I took most of the pieces home but ended up giving them away to kids after a while. the island itself was put in a dumpster.

I'll see if I can dig up a photo of the Information center but I think all I have is my early sketches.

I just have the design and stories for phanta sea. we did have some cool animation for it-way back when though

I am unaware of anything LEGO may be planning with LEGO island. I'd love to be involved though...they don't contact me at all anymore. I'm probably too old for em. It may be up to you now! You should contact them..

Hey- no link was attached to your Island! I'd love to see it.

Happy New Year

wes

• 1 month later...

I just have the design and stories for phanta sea. we did have some cool animation for it-way back when though

Would he be willing to tell us about said design and stories? Honestly, I'm more interested in the canceled games then what may have been cut out of LEGO Island...

• 1 year later...

My name is Chloe. I've been playing Lego Island 1 and 2 ever since i was 5 years old, and i'm 16 now. Lego Island was my childhood, it brings back memories that literally put a smile on my face. I was just wondering, isn't there ANY way that a Lego Island 3 can be created? I've been dying to know, and by the looks of the previous posts on here, it looks like there's no hope for a new game. But there has to be. It would be incredible if there could just be one more Lego Island!

Sadie Meowsalot

My name is Chloe. I've been playing Lego Island 1 and 2 ever since i was 5 years old, and i'm 16 now. Lego Island was my childhood, it brings back memories that literally put a smile on my face. I was just wondering, isn't there ANY way that a Lego Island 3 can be created? I've been dying to know, and by the looks of the previous posts on here, it looks like there's no hope for a new game. But there has to be. It would be incredible if there could just be one more Lego Island!

The island series was continued subsequent to LI2 with Island Xtreme Stunts which supposedly was originally going to be named "LEGO Island 3". You should be able to find more information on it in the game library on the left of the community index in the 'Classic LEGO Games' forum, beneath 'Community". There was also a fan-game Li3 developed, although I myself don't know very much about that.

• Like 1

I was just wondering, isn't there ANY way that a Lego Island 3 can be created?

I...what?

...There's been a Lego Island 3 since 2002.

• Like 1

Fluffy Cupcake

I was just wondering, isn't there ANY way that a Lego Island 3 can be created?

I...what?

...There's been a Lego Island 3 since 2002.

Some people haven't known of the third due to it not being called LEGO Island 3. I can think of some other person I know who didn't know of it.

Modded Lego

I didn't even know of Lego Island 3 Fan-Made Game Until now! Thanks for the important info! I'll downoad it and try it now. :love:

I didn't even know of Lego Island 3 Fan-Made Game Until now! Thanks for the important info! I'll downoad it and try it now. :love:

I beg you not to, for your own mental health.

As demonstrated by Lair's own mental health.

What do I have to do with it, I've never even dared to touch that that...thing.

What do I have to do with it, I've never even dared to touch that that...thing.

The models and textures might impair your vision.

And give you nightmares...

lol username

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/LI3/li3_woah_mama.bmp

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/LI3/li3_mutant_infomaniac.bmp

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/LI3/li3_now_thats_just_kooky.bmp

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jamesster/LI3/li3_offroading.bmp

Old screenshots from 2009, aka before I knew about PNG. :P

AH!

WHY?!

Those models are just scary.

Not in the "Boo!" context.

But more like the "awkwardly sloppy" context. ._.

Modded Lego

WHOA!! Um well... :o Thats unexpected! not very good on the models and it has lots of bugs. I guess nobody put the time into this game. O_O

lol username

WHOA!! Um well... :o Thats unexpected! not very good on the models and it has lots of bugs. I guess nobody put the time into this game. O_O

As I watched the project unfold from just a while after it started to its abandonment, I can certainly say that the issue wasn't that he didn't put time into it - he did put a lot of time into it. The issue seems to be more along the lines of not knowing how to properly use the tools, or having a solid concept of the game. He almost seemed to be making up at least half of it as he went along, and was more worried about throwing out new game content instead of fixing what he already had, the result being a giant mess. But hey, this was around three years ago now, he's probably on to bigger and better projects now. My first experiments in 3D modeling and using Unity weren't really that far ahead of his (well, my models and textures weren't quite as deformed, but otherwise they absolutely sucked). I'd post a picture of one of my first 3D models from around that time to compare with some of the stuff I'm working on now, but I think I deleted it off of the interwebs for obvious reasons. :P

Not to mention it's on Unity. lol

Something wrong with Unity? LEGO has used it for many official online and/or downloadable games themselves.

Not really, but I would take a more stable approach for something called "LEGO Island 3", if you get what I'm saying.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.