Hellow!

No_you

Yeah, so I might as well introduce myself here. I registered and got two comments on my profile :P

So...

I'm amazed that there are actually people still playing this game.I have periods when I dig this game up again and play it nonstop for a week or two then bury it back to discover it again a few months later. It's weird really, that a LEGO game can be this good. Also haven't actually finished the game completely, the last level is just so time consuming and since you don't have the option to save I keep abandoning it.

Well recently I had one of those dig-up moments again and got it working on my brand new PC. Thanks to some guy (can't remember his name, sorry) that posted about how to get it working on Windows 7. I downloaded a few of your guys mods and this will probably let me rediscover the game once again :D

But the game is lagging as hell! When I put some fences in my base it really starts getting bad... Really bad.. I've got top of the line hardware and play games like Crysis in full settings so I figure the game doesn't use it efficiently.. Has anyone got a solution for this? It'd help a lot

Hmm. I know exactly what's wrong. Either you need to update Direct x (or reinstall it) or your graphics drivers (or reinstall them). I've fixed problems related to drivers on nVidia and ATi alike, so take my work for it, it's usually the drivers. Welcome to the forum BTW. :lol:

1) I'm amazed that there are actually people still playing this game.

2) It's weird really, that a LEGO game can be this good.

3) Also haven't actually finished the game completely, the last level is just so time consuming and since you don't have the option to save I keep abandoning it.

4) But the game is lagging as hell! When I put some fences in my base it really starts getting bad... Really bad.. I've got top of the line hardware and play games like Crysis in full settings so I figure the game doesn't use it efficiently.. Has anyone got a solution for this? It'd help a lot

Well Hey there. I saw you. NO U. NO U.

1) I don't get why everyone says that. I still play lots of old games.

2) Play Lego Island. You'll be just more surprised.

3) /:| If you finished BtB, RyH should be easy. Just go north through the hard rock.

4) What is your memory and Processor?

OH YEAH NEW BUILDINGS HERE. WE'VE GOT NEW MINING MACHINES>

Would you be S2333?

According to my logs, you would have had to join a few days before I helped a gentlemen by that moniker, but I've been creating many time paradoxes in the shoutbox lately, and thusly would not be surprised if this were the case.

Drat. I saw the new topic posted email but had to take a shower before I could reply.

HI.

Most of the people here are completely insane, and I'm no exception. If Cirevam's and Lair's logic were to meet each other, the entire internet would asplode. I'm not a troll, Joe can't spell, the hedgehogs are loony, Cyrem is never on, and there's a girl here. Oh, and 3.8% of the community does everything.

Welcome to bloody RRU.

Boom. I am Extreme110. Never forget that.

Good Luck Kid, you'll need it.

BTW, if you play Halo, do not tell the girl here or she will rip you to bloody ribbons like she did to my spirit.

Well that's a warm welcome :satisfied:

I think most of us play these games as an excuse not to get the box of actual LEGO from the attic, I know I do. Stupid grown up stuff.

@RockmoddeR & Lair of Rockwhales - I've got the latest updates and drivers, 2,66 ghz quad core and 4GB of RAM.. I really don't get why I have the lagg >_>

@Cirevam - What do you mean exactly? I'm not a native English speaker.

@ xx7xxxPowersxx - Halo is way to crowded with little kids. At least it's on xbox :whistle:

Lol'd at those other comments btw

Welcome to RRU!

I've noticed that sometimes it's the card itself that is at fault with the lag.

That, or none of the drivers the card has work.

You could try installing old drivers for your card...

Ah, that's the same advice I got for getting the old Call of Duty to work. I've already skipped on doing such a thing because I play the newest games and they require the new drivers >.<

OHWAITWAIT.

TextureUsage 10000000000

Try changing Texture usage in the cfg to that. It makes the game use more memory or something.

I just use 5000000 for that. It's good enough. But it would appear that a new member has learned how to use our tools without trouble. This is a good sign.

No_You, about a week ago I had someone asking me on YouTube about how to install LRR on Windows 7, so I thought maybe you were that person. By the way, the reason 10 000 000 000 crashes your game is because you don't have 10 gigs of ram. That number is how many bytes of the RAM are allocated for LRR to use. A gigabyte is 1 000 000 000 bytes (technically 1 073 741 824, but who cares). If you must, just take a zero off of that value and it should work.

I'm going to try reinstalling the game and try it again, lets see how that goes.

@Cirevam I wasn't that person, I've just randomly came across this website searching for Rock Raiders, glad I did :satisfied:

EDIT: Whenever I mess with the number my game crashes when I try to start it.. :'(

Weird.

Did you follow the modding for dummies guide?

Did the debug keys mod work for you?

Does any mod you try crash the game?

Lego* {

Main {

TextureUsage 3145728

There's texture usage, almost at the top of lego.cfg

Try changing it to

TextureUsage			5000000

- I reinstalled the game and deleted everything in the rock raiders map (except for d3drm.dll, since I had to download it from the internet to get RR to work with W7) , restarted my computer.

- Then I opened PSpad, went to LegoRR1.WAD

- Searched for "texture"

- Saw the exact few lines you posted, and changed the number to 5000000

- Started the game

- Crash

What did I do wrong? I'm using W7 64 bit btw

You have to extract LegoRR1.WAD with the WAD extractor.

Didn't you read the guide?

WAD Extraction

The WAD tool really makes extraction quite easy and it usually only takes a few clicks to do it. To begin the extraction process, start the program. On the program menu, click File then choose Open WAD. This will bring up the open file dialog to locate a WAD file to open. Now in this dialog, browse to the Rock Raiders (Modded) folder which we created earlier for modding. Now in that folder select LegoRR0.wad as the first file we will extract and click Open. After a few seconds to a minute the file will have loaded into the extractor. To finish the extraction process, click WAD from the menu and choose Extract All Files.

After around 30 seconds all the files should have extracted to a new folder called LegoRR0 within the Rock Raiders (Modded) folder. Now repeat this same process except open and extract the LegoRR1.wad file this time. Once this is done you will have two folders: LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 within the Rock Raiders (Modded) folder.

When that's done, look for the file lego.cfg in the resulting folder and edit that.

Save, then recompile the wads.

- I reinstalled the game and deleted everything in the rock raiders map (except for d3drm.dll, since I had to download it from the internet to get RR to work with W7) , restarted my computer.

You deleted everything in the "rock raiders map"? I don't know what you mean by that, but you may have deleted a necessary file somewhere. Take a screenshot of the contents of your Rock Raiders folder or just tell us what's in there so we can see what you deleted.

You deleted everything in the "rock raiders map"? I don't know what you mean by that, but you may have deleted a necessary file somewhere. Take a screenshot of the contents of your Rock Raiders folder or just tell us what's in there so we can see what you deleted.

Sorry, that was a mistake, I meant when I uninstalled it I made sure there was nothing left. Then after that I reinstalled the game.

Trying out extracting now, it seemed it wasn't required because I could see all the lines. Here goes nothing

Preparation Part II

Ok, now for the last bit of preparation. You are now going to move the files from these extracted folders to another so that modifications can be made to the game quickly. Essentially we are changing they way it loads files from a WAD file to loading the files individually.

Firstly, open the LegoRR0 folder within the Rock Raiders (Modded) folder you just extracted previously. Now select all the files and folder within LegoRR0 and copy them. Then browse back to the Rock Raiders (Modded) folder and open the Data folder. Paste the files and folders you copied with the Data folder. If a message comes up asking whether or not to merge folders, click yes. Next do the same thing with the LegoRR1 folder you extracted by copying all the files and folders within that folder and pasting them in the Data folder.

Once all the files and folders from LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 have been moved into the Data folder, delete the LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 folders that are within Rock Raiders (Modded) folder. Lastly rename the LegoRR0 and LegoRR1 WAD files to something different to prevent the game from loading the originals.

That's called the Data method.

Don't forget to do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.