Need Vertex Shader 3.0

McJobless

Just bought MW2 for PC (because I'm behind) and after a long and delegated install time, I went to run the game.

KABOOM.

Game spat this out:

execing ragdoll.cfg from fastfile

----- Client Initialization -----

----- Client Initialization Complete -----

Attempting 44 kHz 16 bit [Windows default] sound

----- R_Init -----

Getting Direct3D 9 interface...

Pixel shader version is 2.0

Vertex shader version is 2.0

Video card or driver doesn't support vertex shader 3.0 or better.

Huffman Took 4 Milliseconds

Error during initialization:

Video card or driver doesn't support vertex shader 3.0 or better.

Apparently 3.0 is needed for COD4 as well, yet that works on my PC. WTF?

Anyone have a solution that doesn't involve me forking out $120AU (That I don;t have) on a new graphics card when I plan to buy a new PC anyway after I get my new job? I've been looking into emulators...no help there. The infamous "3DAnalyze.exe" doesn't help either.

Please don't make me regret this purchase...

EDIT: I'll spit out my PC stats when I get some free time alone...I had to write this in less than 2.5 minutes flat.

If there are no new drivers available to harness vertex shader 3.0 you may need to buy a new graphics card. I had to do that when I needed Pixel Shader 2.0 compatibility a while ago.

• 2 months later...

Your graphics card has a shader model i think yours had 2.0 the game need 3.0 so if you don't have 3.0 you can't run the game. And to solve this problem you need a newer graphicscard that has shader model 3.0

Because cod 4 is older i think it has support for older shader models.

• 7 months later...

This thread is dead, but I want to report something. I actually did, and still do, have Shader Model 3 on the problem card. Why this program is giving me errors, I can't determine, but I can play every emulator, use every game development engine, and hell, even load up and run a really laggy Crysis 2.

WHAT THE HELL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.