Help with vista and wad extracor

TheEPICtrainrider

Well, i just run it.

Then again, i never run things as admin even when i am told to.

So maybe im just avoiding that annoying step.

Why don't you try for yourself?

Don't run it from the C:\ drive, and definitely don't run it from any of the Program Files folders. They force admin-level clearance for you to do anything in there. Just move the entire installation to your D:\ drive and you won't have any problems with admin clearance. Trust me, that's what I do for all of my games.

A thing with that, mosty people have d drive being the cd rom drive.

Since when do people not partition their drives? Regardless, Epic figured it out it seems.

You're one to talk, game addict.

In the two computers that I've personally owned, both had separate C and D partitions and both were Acer laptops. Some of my dad's computers also had partitioned drives, so I just assumed that everyone did that. It makes sense to do it in Vista because the Illuminati-esque User Account Control doesn't touch anything except the C:\ partition.

You know, I should PM Mouse about updating the Problems with Vista topic, since Epic's problem has shown us that Vista causes problems in the modding tools via UAC. People need to be informed on how to get around that.

You know, I should PM Mouse about updating the Problems with Vista topic, since Epic's problem has shown us that Vista causes problems in the modding tools via UAC. People need to be informed on how to get around that.

Ima do that.