Shorah!

Zenoc2

Hey!

...I can never think of a good way to open up an introduction on new forums.

I'm Zenoc2, a writer, artist, fan of Half-Life2, Portal, Myst, and, you guessed it, a fan of RR. I recently rediscovered the game, and I'm about to beat it (for the first time!). I was just web surfing for info on the game (it crashed after I tried to use a Sonic Blaster) when I stumbled across RRU. I had no idea the game had this many fans! Mod-building fans, at that!

I've got a ton of questions about game strategies, secrets and modding, so you'll be seeing a lot of me around here.

writer, artist

(it crashed after I tried to use a Sonic Blaster) when I stumbled across RRU. I had no idea the game had this many fans! Mod-building fans, at that!

I've got a ton of questions about game strategies, secrets and modding, so you'll be seeing a lot of me around here.

Hi. It's ok, we could care less.

We do have some random fan fics here. Feel free to write one up. Also what kind of artist? Digital stuff would be nice (for mods :P), but hand drawn stuff is cool too.

Known bug. No real fix, but modding the game seemed to fix it on some installs.

Ask away. There are also tutorials that other members will post links too eventually.

If you had to pick a Rock Raiders fan site then this is the best (And the only one on the whole internet. The wiki you might come across also belongs to us.)

Hi

Good to meet you.

I hope you have a great time on RRU.

Welcome to RRU.

Where 4% Of the community Mods, 6% Troll Each other, and 90% Do absolutely nothing.

I happen to be one of the only threads of sanity this forum has. (When I'm In a good mood).

I Enjoy Playing Dragon Age, Myst/Riven, Dead Space, and God of War.

Unfortunately, Zeph is right (welcome BTW!). I am one of the few still involved. However my progress has been slowed to the pace of molasses on Pluto due to the amount of time college and work take up. I am the slightly crazy yet intelligent one who will seem really random at times. Most of the stuff has already been done, and is available in the forum. Dont be afraid to ask any remaining Qs. Any questions? TOOO BAD! Jk. Cya around! (on the few times I am able to pop in while doing school work. Chatting on here keeps me from ending up in a padded room due to homework overload)

Woot! More Myst fans. I'd ask if you play Uru, but it doesn't really matter for me, since I messed up the directories and can't get any version of it to run anymore.

@sciguy: I like the spoilered part of your signature. :)

So, quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet: are there keyboard commands that allow for control beyond moving and digging in the first-person and third person views? I think I probably had a manual for the game at some point (assuming it came with a manual- it's been a looong time) that would tell me, but I can't find it.

So, quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to yet: are there keyboard commands that allow for control beyond moving and digging in the first-person and third person views? I think I probably had a manual for the game at some point (assuming it came with a manual- it's been a looong time) that would tell me, but I can't find it.

I don't believe there are sorry.

You can dig in first person mode???

Why didn't I know about this???

How do you do that???

Right. I just wondered if there were commands for picking up resources, shoveling, stuff like that.

Next question: how are you supposed to use the mining laser? Someone told me to right-click but that didn't do anything besides select- same as the left-click.

You can't dig, pick up tools/resources, stuff like that.

Left click to select mining laser, then right click on it. Have fun ;)

This is what you do

1. Select it with Left-Click
  2. Select it with Right-Click (Without deselecting it.)
  3. If the Selection square goes from Green to Red then you are now cooking with Lasers
That should do it.

Hey!

I'm Zenoc2, a writer, artist, fan of Half-Life2, Portal, Myst, and, you guessed it, a fan of RR. I recently rediscovered the game, and I'm about to beat it (for the first time!). I was just web surfing for info on the game (it crashed after I tried to use a Sonic Blaster) when I stumbled across RRU. I had no idea the game had this many fans! Mod-building fans, at that!

You know; I have never created an introduction thread here, but I think I could just copy and paste yours since it fits so good to me too.. :P

Kinda cool; I have never really met anyone that has been playing myst thoroughly besides me. Pleased to meet ya =)

Do you happen to play team fortress 2 as well? *hope* *hope*

Hey, welcome to RRU!

I'm known for not posting very often, but I do lurk in the shadows, usually visiting at least once a day. If you're wanting general tips and strategies for your raidering, you can check out a guide I made awhile back: Don't get put off by the large amounts of text, and hopefully you can remind yourself of some things you may have forgotten about, or never knew in the first place.

I also mention Baz's Mod a lot in the guide, so if you're wandering what that's about, check here: This is an overhaul of the game, that changes all the levels and other aspects of the original game.

Feel free to keep asking questions about the game or modding. I'm sure other members will be happy to answer them.

~Matt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.