Teleportation Line?

Addictgamer

gallery_3_93_262900.png

Raider: Um...What are we waiting for?

Raider 2: Sorry, I forgot because it's been several years since we started waiting.

Raider 3: Guess whatever we're waiting for is in the back of the teleportation line.

I can actually see that modded tele as being more realistic than the original. I mean, forcing energy back into a matter state needs a lot of control. I wonder if it would be possible to have a closed shed where the doors open to let out the teled RR, then close again...... Probably is, but I could be wrong.

Cirevam is doing something similar for TR.

In other words, yes.

Ok. Im still behind on everything that has occurred in my extended absence.

• 2 weeks later...

The doors would be part of the vehicle animation. The building itself would not have any doors. When making the teleport animations I'll merge the factory building into the scene, make everything do what I want it to do, then remove the building and export the animation. I use the same process for syncing pilot and vehicle animations.

Cirevam, can you add a custom activity for the teleporter that plays when it teleports something down? I'd think it would be possible.

The buildings don't do anything when a vehicle is teleported. The vehicle is created at the designated teleporter's deposit_null and the building just sits there. Nowhere have I seen an activity that even hints towards "do this when a vehicle is made" because I don't think that was ever intended at any point.

Also, sometimes adding activities just doesn't work. I tried to add TurnLeft and TurnRight to my transport truck the other day and any level that contained the truck would not load. In fact, some levels that didn't have it at all wouldn't load. Even if the activity existed by name and was in the AE, there's no guarantee it would work if we linked it into a building. The method I'm using will work as long as modified teleport animations work. I haven't made one yet, but from my experience with other animations, it's a matter of opening an existing one, deleting all of the non-null objects, then putting our own stuff in.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.