.flh Creator (Email From Ddi)

McJobless

Sent an Email to the CEO of DDI recently on this topic, this is the message I got back:

Hi Ben we do not have the tools to create a .FLH file. From what I remember .flh was a standard run length encoding plus an extra delta compression for each frame. Based on the .flc format, (http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/flc) but we specified a height and width so we could print at any size. The first frame was stored and then sequential frames were just the difference in pixels between the next and the previous frames. If would save a number of pixels to skip, then the length of data to write, (follow by the RLE data) then the next skip size. If you have some programming ability you might be able to work this out.

So, who has the knowledge to turn this to a .flh creator? (Looks at Cyrem)

How come DDI didn't reply to my email and they did to yours? :'(

Anyway, I figured it would be something like that. I have done some research before and stumbled across a program that made FLC's. Unfortunately, FLH it a tad different... so the program didn't work. But I did manage to make a program that got the frames, size and colour depth of the images (I posted this somewhere /:| ...) . Anyway, I might have a look again.

But I did manage to make a program that got the frames, size and colour depth of the images

Lol same, didn't get any further than that either :P

Oh hi.

Autodesk Animator, Animator Pro, and Animation Studio are the only things ive found that seem to even mention .flh.

Have fun.

How come DDI didn't reply to my email and they did to yours? :'(

I dunno...are you sure you clicked the "Send" button?

Anyway, I figured it would be something like that. I have done some research before and stumbled across a program that made FLC's. Unfortunately, FLH it a tad different... so the program didn't work. But I did manage to make a program that got the frames, size and colour depth of the images (I posted this somewhere /:| ...) . Anyway, I might have a look again.

Please do when your not busy Cyrem, I would love to have animated menus...JUST REMEMBER MC IS YOUR PRIORITY HOWEVER!

• 9 months later...

176.jpg

It's...it's...

AN EPIC BUMP

DUN, DUN, DUN!

Anyways, point of the matter is this. I was really hoping we could maybe get the ball rolling on this. If someone could give me a couple of tips and techniques on how I would go about creating a program for this program, I'd be willing to do the entire Bathurst course and create the program (hopefully even with a Paint.NET styled interface included for direct editing).

Anyways, point of the matter is this. I was really hoping we could maybe get the ball rolling on this. If someone could give me a couple of tips and techniques on how I would go about creating a program for this program, I'd be willing to do the entire Bathurst course and create the program (hopefully even with a Paint.NET styled interface included for direct editing).

It's all good man, rrcoder sent me some stuff. Just been lacking time to sit down and go through it all. Besides, only thing these are used for is some tool tip animations and menu animations... not really amazing, and not a big priority for me.

It's all good man, rrcoder sent me some stuff. Just been lacking time to sit down and go through it all. Besides, only thing these are used for is some tool tip animations and menu animations... not really amazing.

I need the menu animations; I'm in a mood to mod some awesome menus, and I really need to start on reformatted SKN to give me some extra ideas.

BTW, awesome job on coder giving you some extra stuff. Looking forward to seeing what we got. And also, this makes Stewart Green my #1 Company Exec. enemy...actually, scratch that. The guy who owns TLC is still #1.

• 7 months later...

We have to bump this topic...again. This is important.

THIS newsgroup links to an application which was our best bet for creating FLH files, according to information from THIS website. A FLH file is created when you make a 15 or 16 bit FLIC Animation. Great as that is, I suspect DDI created their own rendition of the FLIC format, as would be evident from their email;

Hi Ben we do not have the tools to create a .FLH file. From what I remember .flh was a standard run length encoding plus an extra delta compression for each frame. Based on the .flc format, (http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/flc) but we specified a height and width so we could print at any size. The first frame was stored and then sequential frames were just the difference in pixels between the next and the previous frames. If would save a number of pixels to skip, then the length of data to write, (follow by the RLE data) then the next skip size. If you have some programming ability you might be able to work this out.

LegoRR doesn't crash during loading the .flh file (I replaced Slug.flh, which is the slug animation in the main menu). It crashes when trying to display it. That indicates to me that the FLIC header might be correct, but the actual image data is fudged. I was compiling PNG files into the FLH animation, and it's possible that you're only allowed to compile BMP files. Still, I hold out that DDI made it's own image format.

We really need an FLH tool ASAP, because it's one of the last aspects of LegoRR modding we still haven't conquered. Anybody who can program, please assist.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.