Rock Raider Teleported To Rru Explorer - Greetings!

MARDONIX

Greetings to you all.

I am encouraged to find so many surviving Rock Raiders after the original Explorer was engulfed in the wormhole so many years ago. Thrilled to find that you are all still digging and exploring. Amazed at what you have been able to discover and rebuild after drilling deeper. Keep up the good work!

I am experienced in computer programming, 3D modeling, art, music and audio. I hope to be able to contribute to your efforts in any way I can and maybe even have a little fun.

Regards ~MARDONIX~

I am experienced in computer programming,

3D modeling,

art,

music and

audio.

What language?

Yay. Program of choice?

Kewl.

Say hi to Argiflex.

By that you mean recording things?

The royal inquisition is over. Hi. Have fun. :D

Greetings to you all.

I am encouraged to find so many surviving Rock Raiders after the original Explorer was engulfed in the wormhole so many years ago. Thrilled to find that you are all still digging and exploring. Amazed at what you have been able to discover and rebuild after drilling deeper. Keep up the good work!

I am experienced in computer programming, 3D modeling, art, music and audio. I hope to be able to contribute to your efforts in any way I can and maybe even have a little fun.

Regards ~MARDONIX~

Hi! Welcome to RRU!

About your programming...A project called ORR exists. A fork in Python and a fork in C++. If you want to help...Check out this: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/forum/22-project-discussion/

Also, we could use some debugging tools for mods. Contributions there would be great!

If you are a 3D Modeler, I may have some use for you yet. Please, we must discuss...

Welcome to RRU, we are the best of the worst average best! Good Luck here mate, you'll love it!

Regards,

Extreme110

*Accidently Drops Dynamite on Newbies head*

*Runs away*

BOOOM! Unit Teleported Safely!

Welcome! I'm Zephyria (Zeph To people I Like. And People I Don't) And I'm Currently the only girl here.

I'm just here to Introduce the newbies, Really.

I Own a PS3, and Wii.

ENJOY YOUR STAY!

"TheDoctor" asked...

What language? For work I use almost exclusively C/C++; for hobbies I use C/C++ & various BASICs (e.g. VB & DarkBasic)

3D Yay. Program of choice? My experience is with trueSpace. I don't have any experience doing dynamics, bones or rigging.

Audio - By that you mean recording things Yes, recording voice characterizations, sound effects, vocals

"addictgames" & "antillies" alerted me to the ORR project I have looked at the ToDo list & scanned through the latest C++ code. It looks ambitious. I wasn't able to find any design docs or game bible. I haven't had time to look through all of the ideas posted for ORR.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

"TheDoctor" asked...

1. What language? For work I use almost exclusively C/C++; for hobbies I use C/C++ & various BASICs (e.g. VB & DarkBasic)

2. 3D Yay. Program of choice? My experience is with trueSpace. I don't have any experience doing dynamics, bones or rigging.

3. Audio - By that you mean recording things Yes, recording voice characterizations, sound effects, vocals

4. "addictgames" & "antillies" alerted me to the ORR project I have looked at the ToDo list & scanned through the latest C++ code. It looks ambitious. I wasn't able to find any design docs or game bible. I haven't had time to look through all of the ideas posted for ORR.

5. Thanks for all the welcomes!

1. Hehehe...

2. No comment.

3. Neat.

4. Ambitious it is.

There are some design related stuff online, but the only real design docs are a bunch of papers spread about my desk.

If you wish to contribute, that would be greatly appreciated! If not, no one's forcing you to :P

5. You're welcome! Have a nice day!

I may have some use for you yet.

i might have much use for you.

I hope you both understand that this man - and I do mean man as he was playing Atari games in '73 - is a professional at 3D design and has a career as a simulation engineer, and was granted a Thea award in 2002 for a simulation in Busch Gardens, VA. Saying "I may have some use for you" is practically an insult. Mardonix has real credentials and we should bow to him and offer libations so that he will grace our community with his wisdom and experience.

Now I'm off to play some Seaview Voyage whilst venerating the name of my new god. Peace.

practically an insult.

No insulting intended. I just meant that if I needed another voice actor or other audio work done, I could easily find someone that has more experience then me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.