Rr Vehicle Concepts

Tracker

14 members have voted

1. 1. How useful would the TMLC be in LRR.

• Very useful.
    • Somewhat useful.
    • Not very useful.
  2. 2. Mega MLC?

• Very
    • Somewhat
    • Not Very
  3. 3. RTS?

• Very
    • Somewhat
    • Not Very

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/gallery/image/1330-tracked-mobile-laser-cutter-wearing-3d-artic-camofluage/

The upgrades will take Energy Crystals, not the vehicle because an alloy of Pu-238 and Sr-90 powers it via a closed circut steam turbine driving an alternator. Oh, that laser only has a 300W output but its tight focus (0.005mm) allows it to cut Tungsten from long distances. It can also take part in Action Stations without a driver.

200000 pulses per crystal at 20pulses/sec. 15 sec. for hr, 10 for lr, 5 for d. 0 sec for all living "targets." Invulneralbe to all lasers, landslide, monsters, lavas, and caveins due to a titanium and AlON construction. Will defend itself and other nearby bases and vehicles. Range is effectively unlimited.

Speeds: 12.5-25 m/s over land and shallow water. 10-20 m/s over lava. 6.25-12.5 m/s through deep water.

Eng and Drl Upgs- 1 E.C. Scnr- 10 ore.

CanTowThings TRUE

TMLC

gallery_1300_106_57512.jpg

gallery_1300_106_393281.jpg

gallery_1300_106_293328.jpg

gallery_1300_106_421929.jpg

TMLC Utility

gallery_1300_106_23657.pnggallery_1300_106_10575.png

The upgrades will take Energy Crystals, not the vehicle because an alloy of Pu-238 and Sr-90 powers it via a closed circut steam turbine driving an alternator. Oh, that laser only has a 300W output but its tight focus (0.005mm) allows it to cut Tungsten from long distances. It can also take part in Action Stations without a driver.

If we were able to program such compleity, and I was able to understand whatever you just said...it would be epic win.

200000 pulses per crystal at 20pulses/sec. 15 sec. for hr, 10 for lr, 5 for d. 0 sec for all living "targets." Invulneralbe to all lasers, landslide, monsters, lavas, and caveins due to a titanium and AlON construction. Will defend itself and other nearby bases and vehicles. Range is effectively unlimited.

WAIT...DOES CHUCK NORRIS DRIVE THIS THING?

Speeds: 12.5-25 m/s over land and shallow water. 10-20 m/s over lava. 6.25-12.5 m/s through deep water.

So, in other words...we could put a hyper-drive on it?

CanTowThings TRUE

If pwnly...

...if pwnly...

How useful would the TMLC be in LRR.

Try "how broken would the TMLC be." It travels at around 56 miles per hour on land, which is reasonable. It drives OVER LAVA at 45 miles per hour. It drives at 28 miles per hour when submerged in deep water. I like the design and I think it would be a nice fast alternative to our slow-as-hell and useless stock Laser Cutters, but this is not a matter of usefulness. This should be a matter of "what should I do to at least try to balance this monstrosity?"

As an example, the Host Station in my overhaul is similarly overpowered. It is a Mobile Tool Store (1) that has a built-in scanner (2), can have a drilling lazer attached to it (3), and is the only unit in the game that can cross over lava (4). I might even be able to have it pick up materials and automatically add them to the inventory, which would completely negate the need for any other unit in the game. If it can drill, pick up materials, and travel over any terrain unhindered, nothing else matters.

To balance this beast, I've added in several flaws. It is extremely slow with a speed of 0.1 or less (1), it is only mobile in some missions (2), it will be forced into situations that directly threaten it (3), and it cannot be built and thus the mission is failed if the HS is ever destroyed (4).

Of course, these are all statistics that are subject to change. If we were just looking at physical design then I would say your TMLC is well-designed as it protects the driver, is compact and aerodynamic, and would likely not be an obsolete vehicle that no one wants to use because of a slow movement speed and how lasers are stupidly ineffective. It could also pass off as a baby version of this: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9404/fullhowitzer.png

It would likely skim the surface of the lava, assuming it (the lava) is basaltic in nature. And for balance, it can't carry anything without a seprate, less robust trailer. A Chrome Crusher can do that (in theory).

I like this vehicle despite the balance issues it might have. What we really need is a way for vehicles to go into "action stations" mode, which I doubt is possible unless we do the following:

1) make a new building entitled "Defense vehicle teleport"

2) Make Rock raider models that can only be teleported from that building using dependencies

3) Have those raider models be defense vehicles, not raiders at all, and have them be completely useless as anything but defense vehicles by disabling drilling, rubble clearing and resource gathering.

4) allow them to go to the tool store to get different beams

5) make cool animations for them firing their lazors when action stations goes off.

Should work, I worked out the possibilities.

Have fun trying to figure out how to make a new menu function that allows you to teleport different raider classes.

What Genius said. Because I never got the research into making new menus complete...

gallery_1300_106_2158.png

A "preview" of whats to come.

In this picture:

Two TMLC's

A Scoutbot (with rubberized PVC tires)

A Mega Transport Truck

And a Hover Scout

Well, here comes the flood:

gallery_1300_106_244910.jpg

gallery_1300_106_2368.jpg

Mega Transport Truck

gallery_1300_106_20726.jpg

Firebot

gallery_1300_106_13876.jpg

Scoutbot

gallery_1300_106_34659.jpg

gallery_1300_106_26741.jpg

Large Transport Truck

gallery_1300_106_69673.jpg

gallery_1300_106_33840.jpg

Medium Transport Truck Alpha Unit (cabbed)

gallery_1300_106_41790.jpg

gallery_1300_106_1919.jpg

Medium Transport Truck Bravo Unit (cabless)

And to top it all off there are more somewhere on my computer.

Chuck Norris Mobile :D

I take it that that was about my signiture.

Oh, and, off chance there is fan fiction with any of these? I would be surprised there was already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gallery_1300_106_59824.jpg

A practical laser cutter, this relatively normal vehicle is a little bit slower than a small digger and has the following wall to crystal ratios:

Solid: 0:1

Seam: 1:4

Hard: 1:1

Loose: 2:1

Dirt: 4:1

Soil: 8:1

Energy Consumption: 1 crystal per eight shots.

As per Chief's orders, it is lava resistant.

Requires a driver to do anything.

Has a secondary targeting laser and a RR interlock to prevent "freindly fire."

Cire edit: This is not an image link: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/gallery/image/1465-medium-mobile-laser-cutter/

THIS is an image link: http://www.rockraidersunited.org/uploads/gallery/1291344336/gallery_1300_106_59824.jpg

Don't put the URL to the gallery page in image tags. It doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

gallery_1300_106_182379.png

gallery_1300_106_101023.png

gallery_1300_106_4708.png

Armament: 2x 2000W CO2 Laser Units

Rate of Fire: 60 RPM

Crystal to Wall Ratios:

Solid/Recharge Seam: 8/0

Ore/Energy Crystal Seam: 1:2

Hard/Loose/Dirt/Soil: 1:8

Overall Eff: 1:8 (One Crystal for eight shots)

Speed: 1 b/s

Powerplant: 1x 2400hp Diesel Engine (Propulsion), 1x 50MW Fusion Reactor (Lasers)

O2 Coef: 10

Manufacture: Raider Ind.

gallery_1300_106_42532.png

A modified Tunnel Scout designed for rescue operations.

It has the drill of the Granite Grinder, the scanner of the Geostation, and blinding head lights for illumination.

Most of these images were created by MLCAD, L3P, L3PAddOn, and POV-Ray working in unison.

How useful would the TMLC be in LRR.

It could also pass off as a baby version of this: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9404/fullhowitzer.png

Is it yours?

If not, whose is it?

Yes it's mine. It was a test to see if I could get tracked vehicles to work. By the way, the Granite Grinder drill is statistically equal to the Small Digger's drill, at least for Hard Rock, but I see you have two chainsaws on the front, so it works anyways.

I like the mega MLP. It's powerful, but it's not about to fornicate with one's family without consent. I like the dual cockpits in the front.

If we were able to program such compleity, and I was able to understand whatever you just said...it would be epic win.

WAIT...DOES CHUCK NORRIS DRIVE THIS THING?

So, in other words...we could put a hyper-drive on it?

CanTowThings TRUE

If pwnly...

...if pwnly...

In other words it's nucear powered.

I might reply to the rest of the quote later, so I'll leave it for now.

See the towball hitch?

It's slightly underpowered, so it can use more energy to go faster.

100 sec of continous fire with 15sec to drill hard rock that gives it a wall to cryatal ratio of 20:3 or 6.666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666:1

The Mega Mobile Laser Cutter can beat that.

• 2 weeks later...
Tauka Usanake

WTF?! What the hell is that?! Words cannot describe a creation of that! Besides we only drill on a one leveled plane. It doesn't seem to be able to drill upwards at all or down for that matter.

Is this going to be Shadow's and Sonic's vehicle?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.