Well Well, What A Nice Place This Is.

Minifig9292

Hello everybody! My name is Katatonic, but please, call me Kat.

I never thought in a million years I'd find a site, much less a forum, dedicated to Rock Raiders.

The Rock Raiders were some of the coolest sets when I was but a wee lad. It's a shame all the bricks and mini-fig parts are scattered throughout my extensive Lego collection.

Also the game for the PC is one of my most cherished childhood games, I'd spend hours on it and beat it 3 times I think.

After a bit of forum stalking before I decided to join, I noticed you all seem to hate the Power Miners?

I don't get that honestly, when I saw them I nearly jumped for joy in the fact Lego was trying to bring back my favorite franchise.

Well nothing could even replace those Scottish Energy Crystal mining bad-asses, but you all seem to get that already

Some other things about me that have no exact relation to this forum what so ever are:

I'm an avid gamer, and one of my favorite games is Half-Life2, especially the original concepts and content for it. (Beta is better.)

I'm 16 years old.

My favorite band is Muse.

I have a direct connection to Bethesda Gameworks, if you would like me to give them a suggestion on a feature you'd like to see in the next Elder Scrolls, or Fallout-4 (no they haven't even started coming up with ideas for that last one) then feel free to tell me.

So anyways, I think I'll glad to be apart of this community, smaller ones always do make the best forums after all. :docs:

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, I am a damn good skinner for games useing the source engine, and I have made skins for other games.

Hopefully soon I'll have something to contribute to the Rack Raiders game.

I mean I need to be a credit to the team some how right?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Yay, you've got quite a bit to say.

Can't wait to see what new skins you roll out.

Do you have any programming skills or 3D modelling skills?

Direct connection eh? Well, my suggestion for fallout 4: Better lighting than fallout 3.

TMBL: Your post is just one word. BAAAAAAAAAD. You should know better than that.

Well wasn't that a reply worth posting TMLC.

Apart from one word posts, hi. Welcome to RRU have a good time blahblahblah. The first thing you should know is that half of us are crazy. The second thing you should know is that most of thr active people are on skype, moreso now because Cyrem took the shoutbox out. Third, your modern game engine stuff is pretty much useless here. Modding consists of the Wad extractor, the Map Creator, a text editor, some image program like paint, pretty much any 3D model making program like Blender, Wings3D, Milkshape, etc..., and Lightwave. Lightwave and the full version of Milkshape (the only thing we have found that can export models correctly) costs monnies. That doesn't stop some of us though *winkwink*. If you can make textures that's great. Anyone can make a custom tileset. 3D modeling is even better, because those are more fun. There are tutorials here somewhere, and most likely someone will post a few, but they aren't too hard to find. I implore you to involve yourself in the community. Members who never show up make up 98% of the community. Yes, that's right. 2% of us even do anything. At least that we know of, at least.

Edit: Your avatar looks very Minecraft-y.

Wall of text I would not want to quote.

Yes that avatar is the face texture from a skeleton in Minecraft.

Also I have modded and made skins for multiple games, hell I even made a hud mod for Marathon (very doom style graphics engine)

I have the full version of Milkshape, and photo-shop CS5

To mod I just need to know a few simple things.

How to import/export textures and such.

What file format, and if it's some weird one (such as valve's VTF files) if theres a way to change it to an editable file.

and if you REALLY want me to (please don't) I can edit a model's skeleton rigging, allowing for custom animations and even full on model replacements.

Though the model work I have never done outside of the Source engine, so I have no idea how much help I could be on that.

Here are some pictures of skins, model ports, and model hacks I have made: (Pardon the massive size)

picture_for_a_buddy_for_a_map_by_catmanm

lunch_time_chat_by_catmanmovies-d33wm27.

Lazlo__s_Glock_by_catmanmovies.jpg

Awesome_soldier_by_catmanmovies.png

Lazlo_2_0_by_catmanmovies.jpg

FOR_FREEDOM_AND_FOR_SODA_by_catmanmovies

blutsauger_skin_by_catmanmovies.jpg

portal_skins_by_catmanmovies.jpg

Oooooo pretty colors. (for future reference, use

for large images)

Anyways, the gfx mods for LRR aren't really hard to do. It uses indexed bitmaps. I know paint.NET can save properly indexed bitmaps. As for animation, you really need Lightwave to do anything "custom". It doesn't use skeleton rigging as far as I know, but instead a large number of nulls. The game was made in 1998/9, mind you. Moreover, you need lightwave 8.x or older to export usable animations. For custom textures, lightwave 9.x works. I have both 8.x and 9.x, Cirevam has 7.x and maybe 9.x, and a few other members might have 9.x. Me and Cirevam are really the only ones who do lightwave, Cirevam being High Master Light Waver, and me being the semi-competent noob. There's a lot you can do without lightwave though. Back in the day, gfx and level mods were all the rage. Still are I guess, as few people still are serious about modding. Cirevam has made a ton of custom vehicles, several reskinning mods, and is in the process of Time Raiders, our candidate sucessor to the legendary Baz's Mod. Other members had planned others, but they never happened. Lair of Rockwhales was working on Return to Planet U long before I even found the forum, but it seems he stopped working on it.

Please, make something cool. Think of the children.

and if you REALLY want me to (please don't) I can edit a model's skeleton rigging, allowing for custom animations and even full on model replacements.

It's a good thing you hate rigging animations, because the animation format that LRR uses doesn't need bones. The bad news is that LRR is picky about some things, so making animations from scratch (i.e. going to File\New) doesn't always work right. Enjoy your stay.

Also, for New Member topics, one word posts are allowed since saying "hello" is an acceptable greeting. Hey, if we allow ".iH", then we should allow "Hello!"

!iH

I'm the guy who used that greeting first lol...anyways, welcome to RRU! Eat all the cookies you want, just mind the use of the word 'pingas' around certain members...

Enjoy!

Welcome to RRU! I see you have a... District 9? nice set of skinning examples there. IT will be great to see some nice graphics mods from you soon.

See you round :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.