So Much Lag...

Biorune

While playing RR,the bigger my base gets or the more vehicles etc, the more the game lags when I am focused near an area with lots of buildings and vehicles, to the extent where when I have a big base in a mission like Rocky Horror, the lag gets uncontrollable. It's ok when I move the camera away to a less busy area. I know this is because of so much going on with the graphics with the buildings, but is there a way to remedy this?

In the CFG, look for the variable TextureUsage. It's near the top of the CFG. Make the number larger, perhaps by just adding a zero onto the end. That will let the game use more of your RAM, which will let you put more stuff into the caverns at once without lagging.

Ah ok, thanks :) Oh and by the way, I've just been watching your walkthrough videos just now, they're great. :D

EDIT: One problem: I can't open the WAD files in the WAD tool, when I try to it says "This is not a valid Rock Raiders WAD file."

Ah ok, thanks :) Oh and by the way, I've just been watching your walkthrough videos just now, they're great. :D

EDIT: One problem: I can't open the WAD files in the WAD tool, when I try to it says "This is not a valid Rock Raiders WAD file."

Right click the wad tool and run as administrator. Vista/7 don't like programs messing with stuff in program files or program files x86.

An alternative is to install RR to another directory such as C:/My Program Files/ instead. Then vista/7 don't give a brick what you do with stuff in there. ;) (I recommend this if you plan to do a lot of modding)

Windows 7, and thanks Amauros, that worked :) But Cirevam, what do you mean by CFG? Sorry, I'm a noob at modding... :P

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.

• 2 months later...
smiffsmaff123

i have the same problem, but i cant find anything that you guys are talking about, im a little lost i'll admit

smiffsmaff123

How about starting with this:

Unless I misunderstood your post, you haven't modded the game yet.

Na, havent modded anything on it. but i dont see why this problem happens now when it used to be smoother back then

Addictgamer

How about starting with this:

Unless I misunderstood your post, you haven't modded the game yet.

Na, havent modded anything on it. but i dont see why this problem happens now when it used to be smoother back then

Different computers? Different graphics card? Different drivers? Window's normal decay?

Those are some reasons.

Anyway, I recommend you follow that guide, then do the fix that was suggested in this topic.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.