Modeling

Lair

TheEPICtrainrider

When I saw this topic title, I thought... never mind.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but google "How to make a custom locomotive for msts"

Once again not sure if it helps or not.

3ds max but I am also learning Maya for character design^^. And yours?

Didn´t test it with blender, maybe right. Noticed that after the reimport from FBX the skin was messed up.

Blender, *duh* :P

jk.

Ah, ok.

When I saw this topic title, I thought... never mind.

I'm not sure if this helps anyone but google "How to make a custom locomotive for msts"

Once again not sure if it helps or not.

1: -.-

2: Does it tell you how to model or just how to add them?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give you a hint what the engine of Rock Raides is capable of.

Original Rock Raider Polycount: 950 Polys. Runs smooth without errors with 30 Rock Raiders.

Modded Rockraider (Testdummy to test how much works): 1400 Polys. Runs smooth without errors with 30 Rock Raiders.

So far I did not test a possible normalmap port, but it my exsist nevertheless.

Cheers,

Masterchief

• 5 weeks later...

ANIMATIONS: \\Mother\LEGO\Meshes\PC_Meshes

also: \\Mother\LEGO\Meshes\Lowpoly

Below are the nonexistant parts of image links in LWO files

Pilot: 6D:\StarTeam\LEGO®\Data

The Captain LWO is strange: L\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\PC_Meshes\Minifigs\Captain\Medpoly\A000_head_stud.bmp

Note the nonexistant Medpoly at the end.

RMonster: B\\Mother\LEGO\Meshes\Lowpoly

IceMonster: @\\Mother\LEGO\Meshes\Lowpoly

Slug: @\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly

Scorpion: @\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly

Oddly the LavaMonster has no LWO inage links.

Bat: >\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly\Creatures\Bat_robmod\wing.bmp

_rombod??????

Now the snake is absolutaly bizzare. Look at 3 different image links:

*\\gateway\d\LEGO®\mar-snake\snake tex.BMP

@\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly\Creatures\mar-snake\SnakeSkin.bmp

>\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly\Creatures\mar-snake\snaketex.BMP

Buildings: <\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\Lowpoly

I think this conversation is worth posting. DO NOT READ BOTTOM UP, It is arranged top to bottom:

Cirevam : (Today, 03:12 PM) Since I did a tiny bit figuring out how to edit LWS files, if I can get textured models into LRR I could theoretically make a Rockwhale. It would take a while, but it's possible to at least replace the graphics of another monster with a whale

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:13 PM) I can replace textures. But I can't model.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:14 PM) So... Do you think you can edit the spider?

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:14 PM) Because I do have textures.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:14 PM) for the whales.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:14 PM) As in changing the models? Yes, but they would be untextured in-game until I figure out how to make them stick.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:14 PM) *look at the Rockwhale video in the picture section for both's models)

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:15 PM) Well their models are slightly different.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:16 PM) They are about the same size. The Brown one is dome shaped, very simetrical. The Maroon one is fatter at his rear (don't laugh), giving him a more aero-dynamic shape

Cirevam : (Today, 03:17 PM) Though I'd be willing to help you out with making the Rockwhale, it'll take a lot of research until I get the models to look right proper.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:17 PM) true.

Cyrem : (Today, 03:17 PM) any luck with the texture yet?

Cirevam : (Today, 03:17 PM) Once I or someone else figures it out, there will be no limitations to what we can do.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:18 PM) And longer with trying to add a completaly new model. The slugs you just replaced models.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:18 PM) No. Been writing briefings and reading about algebra in Arabic countries.

Cyrem : (Today, 03:19 PM) ok did you try, indexed images a textures?

Cirevam : (Today, 03:21 PM) I'm reusing the Slug's native texture. But hold on a second

Cirevam : (Today, 03:22 PM) Can't find: "Mother:Lego/Meshes/LowPoly/Creatures/slimy_slug/N_Slug_Chest.lwo"

Cirevam : (Today, 03:22 PM) Lightwave is showing me something that I have no knowledge of.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:22 PM) Lightwave is showing me something that I have no knowledge of.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:23 PM) There are several non-existant directories: Mother, Z, Starfield, etc.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:24 PM) The LWS files constantly refer to Mother. I haven't seen the others.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:24 PM) The good news is that Lightwave is loading my models as they appear in-game, so I can use that as a test bed.

Cyrem : (Today, 03:25 PM) ok

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:26 PM) The Starfield appears in Minifig LWO. I think the non-cfg images are indexed in an invisible directory.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:27 PM) In LWS just mother is used.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:28 PM) So LRR is hiding some things from us. But to what degree?

Cyrem : (Today, 03:30 PM) They are just references to there development pc's

Cyrem : (Today, 03:30 PM) back when they were making it they probably had those directory trees.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:30 PM) Then how come when I try to edit the LWO to a different image it crashes?

Cirevam : (Today, 03:31 PM) Oh. Too bad my computer isn't named Z or Mother.

Cyrem : (Today, 03:31 PM) I've seen directories that are z:\

Cyrem : (Today, 03:31 PM) z:\G.O.D.S\ *

Cyrem : (Today, 03:32 PM) because there is something wrong with your image

Cyrem : (Today, 03:32 PM) remember this was all made in 1999, so software has changed

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:32 PM) Ive seen Starfield

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:32 PM) But I edit images all the time.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:33 PM) And sometimes I have tried a pre-made image from LRR. So what gives? Where is the index?

Cirevam : (Today, 03:37 PM) Im'ma try something with Lightwave's surface editor

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:39 PM) LoadObject Z:\Lego\DATA\Mini-Figures\CAPTAIN\cap_torso.lwo

ShowObject 8 7

ObjectMotion (unnamed)

Cirevam : (Today, 03:40 PM) Only the part after DATA is correct...

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:40 PM) The Z and Lego are apparently unexistant

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:40 PM) No, Data exists. The folder Data

Cirevam : (Today, 03:40 PM) Wait, if you do the No Wad Mod wouldn't that line up with at least Data?

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:41 PM) The wads count as data

Cirevam : (Today, 03:41 PM) I know Data exists, but WADs aren't in Data.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:41 PM) Oh.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:41 PM) so Z and Lego are unreal

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:42 PM) yes. Thats why the no wads works because it is all data

Cirevam : (Today, 03:43 PM) Testing surface thang

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:43 PM) WORSE: \Mother\LEGO\Meshes\PC_Meshes\Minifigs\Captain\Medpoly\top_head.bmp

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:44 PM) THAT is from the LWO file

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:44 PM) So the F\\Mother\LEGO®\Meshes\PC_Meshes don't exist.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:48 PM) B\\Mother\LEGO\Meshes\Lowpoly\Creatures\Rmonster\RM_BigToothX2.bmp is the Rock Monster's LWO

Cyrem : (Today, 03:53 PM) Z could referr to the DATA folder or where it is installed

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:53 PM) No that is DATA.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:53 PM) So why wont new skin files work?

Cirevam : (Today, 03:53 PM) Test failed.

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:54 PM) *facepalm*

Cirevam : (Today, 03:55 PM) *palmtree*

Lair of Rock... : (Today, 03:55 PM) *facebrick*

Cirevam : (Today, 03:56 PM) *facepencil*

Cirevam : (Today, 03:56 PM) Anyways, editing the surface to match what the native LWOs use makes the model have 0% diffuse lighting, turning it into a perfect black body.

Cirevam : (Today, 03:57 PM) My only hope is Obi Wan Kenobi to see if custom textures on a custom model work.

I don't think DDI thought anyone would ever open the files to see all the missing file paths

meaning they got lazy and didn't fix the paths in the files

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.