karsten

I found a picture in the Data Filles it's called "wallpaper"

9tn13b.jpg

I don't now what to think about?

Annyone nows what this is? Just a wallpaper or....

TheDoctor found a different version of that picture which is brighter and has the words LOADING... at the bottom, so my guess is that it was a temporary file for a loading screen. It could have been originally meant as a free wallpaper too, but I'd think Lego would want their logo on it if that were the case.

That was rendered with the original models that DDI made... which were pretty fantastic. Unfortunately, the higher-ups made the decision to downgrade the models to something the consumers would actually be able to run on their computers (of the time).... it was a smart decision, but it's a sad reality for us modders. :(

At least PWNZOR has a good reference to use when/if he ever gets around to the vehicles. :af:

Tauka Usanake

That was rendered with the original models that DDI made... which were pretty fantastic. Unfortunately, the higher-ups made the decision to downgrade the models to something the consumers would actually be able to run on their computers (of the time).... it was a smart decision, but it's a sad reality for us modders. :(

At least PWNZOR has a good reference to use when/if he ever gets around to the vehicles. :af:

So wait. Does that mean that we really can have a game that looks that good? Could the Lego vehicles really look like LEGOS?

Yeah... I don't see why you doubt that. The average computer now can run games with more polygons than we could throw at LRR. All we need to do is make the high-poly stuff.

Guys,

1. look at the terrain textures, they don't match the game,

2. so it was likely rendered with LightWave.

1. Those are the same textures as ingame.

2. that's what I said.

The reason those textures are red are because of the lighting used in the lightwave render.

In my opion the ground looks verry nice :)

If Karl find his old LRR filles (don't think so) maybe he has the high poly models.

On one of the discs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.