Slimy Slugs Won't Die

Glisp

You know, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows this but if you some how managed to get a Slimy Slug down to zero health, the Slimy Slug will burrow underground right where its standing rather than running back to its hole. I managed to do this once in "Back to Basics" but only because a glitch froze the slimy slug in place. Then the Rock Raider kept attacking it with a pusher beam. Eventually, it reached zero health and burrowed underground. I thought it was pretty funny when this glitch happened, and even funnier when the slug burrowed through a Power Path.

Slimy Slugs don't have a death animation. If you enable the ability to let them get hit by electric fences, they'll just freeze in place when they cross the beam.

Slimy Slugs don't have a death animation. If you enable the ability to let them get hit by electric fences, they'll just freeze in place when they cross the beam.

Interestingly, this slimy slug froze in place without me modding them to get hit by the fence. It just got stuck. Finally, it ran out of health and burrowed underground right where it was standing. Maybe it had a misread glitch to where the game though the hit by fence string was true for that Slimy Slug or something. It only affected one of them oddly enough.

Incorrect sir. Burrowing back into their burrows is their death animation. I've put some slugs out into the lava, and when their health hits 0 they burrow into the ground (or lava)

However I don't know about fences.

You know, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who knows this but if you some how managed to get a Slimy Slug down to zero health, the Slimy Slug will burrow underground right where its standing rather than running back to its hole. I managed to do this once in "Back to Basics" but only because a glitch froze the slimy slug in place. Then the Rock Raider kept attacking it with a pusher beam. Eventually, it reached zero health and burrowed underground. I thought it was pretty funny when this glitch happened, and even funnier when the slug burrowed through a Power Path.

Use one of the mining lasers, those deal with trouble REALLY quickly. The Chrome Crusher has the highest duty cycle.

However:

If slugs were to posses a dying animation, what should it be? Should they explode, sending gobs of slime everywhere? Or should they melt away, like a slug sprinkled with salt, or dipped in beer. Also, that mucus covering looks kinda thick, so their health would be quite high. Their immunity to weapons might also be caused by their diet of energy, since they poses the ability to absorb raw power, and synthesize it.

Okay Lair, they don't have a death ACTIVITY. Their PainThreshold is 50.0, so they start retreating then, but I don't know if there's some "if retreating and health equals zero, then burrow" condition. It's weird.

Slimy Slugs definitely get the award for the most durable damagable enemy in the game.

Lava Monsters are a close second with their laser-resistant abilities.

Also, use pushers on slugs. it distracts them.

Slimy Slugs definitely get the award for the most durable damagable enemy in the game.

Lava Monsters are a close second with their laser-resistant abilities.

Also, use pushers on slugs. it distracts them.

I actually do use pusher beams on Slugs. Back to Basics was a nightmare.

Sorry it took so long, it was buried in my lagre album. Here:

gallery_1300_106_144020.jpg

That is the image that my internal query returned, I'll see if I can find a better on floating around some where.

Why not store them in small transport trucks with raiders driving them?

Because then there are too many trucks. For me SMLCs work ok.

Also TMLC, remove image and go away.

I beat Back to Basics. I just used a Tunnel Transport to ferry the Truck to the island and collect crystals than ferried it back. Yeah, I know Tunnel Transport's not really legal but I didn't feel like building a Dock.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.