How Would I Go About Ripping Mp3's Of The Rock Raiders? Music From An Iso

Glisp

Okay, so I no longer have a working Rock Raiders disk, if I did, I'd probably rip 320 KBPS Mp3's from that. Why such high quality you ask? Well, I'm kind of a guy who likes the best quality he can. (I could to flac and wav rips which would be much higher but I prefer the quality and file size ratio of 320KBPS Mp3's.) So I was wondering if anyone could rip the redbook tracks for me at 320 KBPS from their disk and upload them or show me how to rip the redbook from where ever it's located on the disk at least.

Is it that CD.key file? How would I extract the music?

Some programs like Windows Media Player or iTunes will let you rip music files from a CD very easily (often with a one-touch process), but unless they were originally at 320 kbps or higher, you're not going to get better quality by increasing the bit rate.

That's true. How would I rip them from a PC ISO? I said my disk no longer works due to scratches. I have experience with Sega CD redbook, so I know about loading it in windows media player. The redbook music for Sega CD ISOs is always external though

Well just extract the iso. Simple. I'm not sure if 7z can do that, but I know uniextract can. Google it.

Problem is, I don't know where the music tracks are in the ISO. I can't find them....

Well just extract the iso. Simple. I'm not sure if 7z can do that, but I know uniextract can. Google it.

Problem is, I don't know where the music tracks are in the ISO. I can't find them....

I looked through the files on my CD and the only sound files I could find was Atmosdel.wav and stats.wav, those can be found in Data\Sounds\Streamed on the disc

The music doesn't exist in the ISO of the game. I made one from my LRR disk, burned it to another CD, then put it in my computer while the game was playing and no music was heard. This means the music wasn't added to the ISO. That's what happens when the game data and music data are stored on different tracks on the CD.

I've never understood where the music files are for the music played while your playing LRR...I know where all the audio stuff is like Chief speaking and whatever, and even where the main menu and 'Success screen' music is. Somehow, iTunes has found these tracks, won't say where they're located, but I do have them if you'd like them. Quality is 256 kbps. Can't get any better than that. :/

• 6 months later...

I know this is a pretty much dead topic, but let me impart some knowledge.

The .iso needs to be created with an application like DVD Decrypter, as these make the best, full copies of the disc.

What is happening is similar to the way PS2 discs work; it's using a dummy ToC when read on computer, meaning only the specific installer files will be located. The disc then has a hidden partition with the Audio files that can only be read by programs/music players that specifically search for these files. You need to either manually hex the damn thing to get them or use iTunes.

One thing I noticed with my disc was that there was a longer load time to hear the audio files on a regular CD Player than other, bigger discs I had. This is because the player is manually scanning for all the files it can find.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.