Docks Is Power Station, Power Station Is Ore Refinery, Tool Store Is Not What We Think, And Ore Refinery Is Snack Shack

aLPHA

As we are all aware, lego rock raiders has gone thru many changes in design. I was digging around, and I made some discoveries. I cannot upload the jpg images (Why can't I?), so I uploaded them somewhere else.

*waits for 238 images to upload*

Okay, here we go. Let me organize them accordingly.

MobileTeleportPad.jpg: mobtelepPad.jpg

This is in NO RELATION TO WHAT WE THOUGHT THE BETA MODEL FOR IT WAS! I have not seen it in any beta screenies, nor does it have any model files in the game.

iCBuildDock.jpg: ICbuildDock001.jpg

I have no idea what this thing is, but according to the game, it was supposed to be the docks. Looks like the fin pieces of the large cat piled up on eachother.

ICbuildTool.jpg: ICbuildtool.jpg

Mobile tool store? Or what the tool store would have looked like

ICbuildOref.jpg: ICbuildoref.jpg

that looks like the top of the power station! Remember the rock raider's HQ set, how that thing was used to cut up ore?

ICbuildCRef.jpg: ICbuildcref.jpg

Need I say was Cref stands for? That's the ore refinery's scoopydoo piece

CrystalRefinery.jpg crystalrefinery.jpg

A variant of the above mentioned building

Canteen.jpg: Canteen.jpg

Can't really say what that is. Two barracks placed one in front of the other? Two of the "refining" parts of the retail ore refinery? I guess we will never know.

PowerStation.jpg: PowerStation.jpg

A bit older version of the power station. Compare it with Dock.jpg dock.jpg

Pscanfloor.jpg: Pscanfloor.jpg

Apparently, you had to tell a raider to scan a wall.

PejectCrystal.jpg: PejectCrystal.jpg

Blue crystals :D

ToolStation.jpg: ToolStation.jpg

That thing does not look like the tool store in the game. Only remaining remnant of pas concepts?

Don't flame me for pointing these out. I bet alot of you already knew about this, but I thought making a guide to them would be helpfull to some people.

Ack. JPGs. They're only good for photos since they blend. PNGs are for computer-made images.

But that's my opinion.

MobileTeleportPad.BMP: You're forgetting that this is the image used in the game. That's why I switched to the image of the actual Teleport Pad. Which is in there. Unused. For no good reason.

iCBuildDock: Looks like the Docks, more advanced.

ICbuildTool: That's the building from 4910 Hover Scout. Yes, it all makes sense now.

ICbuildOref: Aha. So they really did design the game alongside the sets.

ICbuildCRef: Another 4990 Building. The one in the middle.

CrystalRefinery: Ore Refinery? What the heck...

Canteen: It's where Raiders formed a lunch line.

PowerStation: /:|

PejectCrystal: It seems that Blue was the original Crystal color, then it became the original red crystal color, then was removed.

ToolStation: Again as the MT, this is the image used in-game innacuratley and for no reason at all.

Yeah, there used to be an option to make the tool store 'eject' ore and crystals, but it's automatic now.

Also, the [Please Talk Properly] is with the docks power station?

Every image in the Icons folder with IC in the beginning is an odd looking file that isn't used in the game and all the things in the image seem to give off a glowing aura.

• 9 months later...

maybe this is what karl ment when he said they had to cut content because of lego's deadline, mayeb they had some models done, but because they were pressed for time they used them for basic buildings and buried the rest of the stuff in code

maybe this is what karl ment when he said they had to cut content because of lego's deadline, mayeb they had some models done, but because they were pressed for time they used them for basic buildings and buried the rest of the stuff in code

I think, if I remember his welcome topic correctly, it was actually due to game elements not working correctly (and they just couldn't be fudged to full fix them through testing) and LEGO also wanted to change the style of the game.

i thought he said they ran out of time, thank you for correcting me extreme, so this, plus the encyclopedia, plus the other hud they had designed, and the editor must be some of what they removed, and i also saw what looked like a possible aoe style upgrade system, or a more precise one

i ment there is no interface in the current game, i saw all the bitmaps, i know they are there, but they are not used ingame

:|

The encyclopedia itself isn't used in-game. That I'm saying "We might be able to get the encyclopedia back" should include the interface for it.

I think the encyclopedia might work. Might. It hasn't been tested yet.

I tried to enable it "for my next trick", but I couldn't find a way of making it work again. Might need to get s0d to take a look.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.