Lego Rock Raiders Source Mod

codsniper

I Recently started here on these forums, and I think I should do something useful for all of you. So I came Up with the idea of running a source modification of Lego rock raiders. I haven't Got Much Stuff Done, Like converting Models to .mdl and texture conversion, but when I have This Done, I think It Might be a success. Currently I have a map WIP, The rock textures converted to .vtf and .vmt, and I'm having trouble finding a converter for the models. Any Help Would be greatly appreciated. I will release a screenshot and some basic map rules soon.

Wouldn't that be considered porting? I'm not sure about the legalities of porting, so I'm not going to give you any tips until I know if it's legal...

why did you make another topic about this? You already had one!

I forgot I posted the topic. At the moment Im just trying to get a map example done. I have it 75% done, but I need to convert some .lwo to .mdl and make a drill view model or something like it. Then you could drill walls, shoot monsters, carry stuff and place buildings. I am thinking about making the building construction like how the engineer make buildings on TF2, except you use ore to build it instead of metal.

If you can get permission from LEGO to do this, I'll help point you in the right direction.

If it's for personal use, LEGO won't give a hoot.

Also, I wouldn't recommend using the models from the game. Make new models with LDraw or something and export them as .3ds, and then convert that to .mdl

Tauka Usanake

Also, I wouldn't recommend using the models from the game. Make new models with LDraw or something and export them as .3ds, and then convert that to .mdl

I thought LDraw and such were frowned upon because of all the polygons they have. I guess if going through 3Ds Max then that would be lowered.

What is the purpose of a source game? Is this like having everything in a different format and transferred into a different engine? Also would this mean anything to the original engine/code that LRR is run on? Would that also be translated?

• 3 weeks later...
Crystalyzer

I don't think lego would bother so much if he made the source mod. Lego has abandoned most of LRR, and continued with Power Miners. And would they really accuse him for copyright thingys? I mean, don't we all do illegal stuff. At least i download torrents for games like Crysis, Star Trek Legacy, and even editor programmes such as Fruity Loops studio 9, or Sony Vegas. I Think he should make the source mod, and publish it at RRU, so only members can download it.

If you think i'm stupid or a criminal, feel free to point your finger at me.

Fluffy Cupcake

I mean, don't we all do illegal stuff. At least i download torrents for games like Crysis, Star Trek Legacy, and even editor programmes such as Fruity Loops studio 9, or Sony Vegas. I Think he should make the source mod, and publish it at RRU, so only members can download it.

If you think i'm stupid or a criminal, feel free to point your finger at me.

You shouldn't be doing illegal things. Downloading torrents (getting things free) of what should be payed without permission is stealing. So technically, doing things like that would make you a criminal.

Piracy is a crime and torrenting programs is a form of piracy (in most cases). The only reason people look for torrents of a program is because whatever it is isn't available for free (especially not through standard downloads).

Tauka Usanake

Piracy is a crime and torrenting programs is a form of piracy (in most cases). The only reason people look for torrents of a program is because whatever it is isn't available for free (especially not through standard downloads).

Uh, for the record I was looking for, and found, a zipped Windows 3.1 installation that I can use on my super old laptop because it needs an OS. That's not available at all now days and I personally wouldn't consider it pirating because it is something can very well be considered non-existing today.

Pirating isn't so much as bad if you do good downloads. It's kind of the only way to find things that you otherwise can't find anywhere else.

Crystalyzer

this is THE reason. + most of the games i download i buy afterwards. try before you buy right? and if the game sucks, i don't buy it. but this is off topic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.