Raider Face Randomization

Lair

Would there be any way to make the model of the face choose randomly from a set of faces every time you teleport a Raider down? It would make variety.

Issues: It may do that not for when a raider enters a level but EVERY TIME HE CHANGES ANIMATION. And if not, named raiders will probably switch faces between levels.

You could make it so named raiders have the awesome face to make it easier to tell who is named.

:/ That kinda goes against what I wanted... and it doesn't work that way, the naming is just a save file thing, not connected to the animations.

Issues: It may do that not for when a raider enters a level but EVERY TIME HE CHANGES ANIMATION.

This sounds awesome. You could have raiders that have mood swings.

You can make an SFX choose randomly from a set of sounds, but I've never seen anything like for models. Perhaps the formatting used there could be used for at least MiscObjects, which are defined similarly. Example:

!SFX_Drip is associated with Sounds\drip1,Sounds\drip2, etc. MiscObjects are associated with FolderPaths\ModelFile. But what if we did something like "Boulder MiscAnims\Boulders\SmallBoulder,MiscAnims\Boulders\NewBoulder" ? Would it randomize the model there? If it can, then we know that models can be randomized like sounds. The only problem I can see here is that the pilot's parts aren't defined in the CFG, and they're somewhat defined in the AE for the different poly versions.

Oh course it's entirely possible to create a program that randomly selects a face and renames files so that it's essentially randomized every time you run it. I don't know if I could make one to do that, but It can be done if you want to do it that way.

If this isn't possible is it at least possivble to do LZ'a suggestion? (face changes to scream when attacked by monster, sweat when resting, etc) If the face were its own model it might...

Then stack a bunch of faces in his head and shift them with each animaton

Sounds like you want an utter bodge to stop drill sound when clapping make a workaround for something. Technically possible, but somewhat impractical.

I see what Lair's saying. We could make a different head for each mood, then edit the animations to use the proper emotions. It's easy. If you want moving eyes and mouth, then remove those bits from the texture and make new animated ones. You could do it for only some of the animations and keep the original texture for non-animated faces. Animating the faces might be impractical in the end since you'll never see the detail unless you're in FPS or 2ndPS view.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.