Lms Mini Model

Lair

The Soleutator

Very nice! However, if it's only 1/16th of the actual size and already 1400 pieces, I'd hate to know how many pieces the actual one would have.

Looks good... now to begin the 1:1 scale version.

If you look in my gallery you'll see I've already begun.

That would be larger than the Smithsonian.

Incorrect. It would be longer than 2 bedrooms,yes, but that's a large exaguration.

Very nice! However, if it's only 1/16th of the actual size and already 1400 pieces, I'd hate to know how many pieces the actual one would have.

I build the SHELL of the lttle building on top once in LDD. 900 bricks. THE SHELL.

lol...That's alot of bricks.

If somebody made the 1/1 scale model in LDD on a supercomputer, how much would it cost?

If somebody made the 1/1 scale model in LDD on a supercomputer, how much would it cost to buy the finished model? Several million?

If somebody made the 1/1 scale model in LDD on a supercomputer, how much would it cost?

If somebody made the 1/1 scale model in LDD on a supercomputer, how much would it cost to buy the finished model? Several million?

Who knows. My guesses on size are very wide, between 15-25 feet.

I feel that I'll never finish the LeoCad model :(

• 1 month later...

A REAL Explorer would be anywhere from the size of an Arleigh-Burke destroyer to a Nimitz carrier.

Imagine THAT in Lego Bricks.

I think that's what I had in mind when I said it'd be bigger than the smithsonian. In scale with mini-figures, I'd guess the body would be 2.5 feet in diameter and 18-20 feet long.

I love it!

Could you post the model file of it? (in whatever tool you modelled it)

Do you think we could use that model in ORR-D?

edit wooo! 250th post :D

@TMLC, Using that ratio, it becomes 94.5 feet in diameter and 680.4-756 feet long. But I'm assuming that ratio is a rough indicator for mini-fig to human scale? I'm not satisfied with the size of the lms.... I was thinking something closer to 1000 feet in a human scale version. However, using 6' to 1.5" (the height of an average human and a minifig), I get 120 feet in diameter and a length of 864 to 960 feet (which makes more sense to me).

Once I outline the 1:1 version we'll know how big it is.

@bart: I guess, but I can do much better now.

Awesome ^^

But what things could still improve? Was there a lot more detail to the LMS explorer in the intro movie?

Personally I think the intro movie is very detailed for a '99 pc game. So yeah there's quite a bit of work to make a detailed replica of the ship, but I think Lair is trying to do the inside as well? (the bridge at least?)

If we could get the original .lws/.lwo file, we could get dimensions off of that.

I wonder if Karl could give us the "source" models?? I can understand the legal complications of sending us source code for the engine, but I'm not so sure about the models.

If we could get the original .lws/.lwo file, we could get dimensions off of that.

The LMS Explorer never showed up in the game at all so there wouldn't be any.

Personally I think the intro movie is very detailed for a '99 pc game. So yeah there's quite a bit of work to make a detailed replica of the ship, but I think Lair is trying to do the inside as well? (the bridge at least?)

It's brilliant detail.

And yep, I'm planning to make at least the bridge. Maybe a seperate model where I create my own interior for the ship.

hmmm... that might work.

The LMS Explorer never showed up in the game at all so there wouldn't be any.

-_-

Sonic... oh nevermind.

I believe Karl said that they did use Lightwave to render the movies, so there would obviously be an LWO file for it. I would like to know the chances of getting any of the art, 3D or otherwise, from the movies. Maybe there's a way to say that "redistributing artistic materials does not in any way aid the development of a copycat game that could be sold for profit" in legal terms.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.