Creeper Model

bartvbl

I have been messing with this the whole afternoon without any form of decent result.

What I am basically trying to do is to convert a creeper model which has a whole bunch of textures into a single UV map (for a university project of mine).

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the hang of the 3D modelling tools (Maya, 3DS max, blender, wings 3D, etc), which all failed in one way or another.

I was wondering if there is anyone who DOES know how to do these things that could help me out on this.

In case anyone would like to have a try on it, I attached a zip file containing the model.

Any help is deeply appreciated (I am out of options and time myself :( )

http://www.rockraidersunited.org/index.php?/files/file/274-creeper-model/

lol username

I'll see what I can do. Extracting... Ok, it's .obj, perfect. I should be able to get this done fast...

... And then my dad walks into the room with some math problems. Dang Murphy's Law. :|

I do this sort of stuff all the time with the 3D models for my game, so I know what to do, I just can't do it at this moment. Will do when done with these math problems.

Ok, done with the math stuff. Thing is, how do I orient these textures on the model? Which way do they go? The names describe the faces they go on, but I'm not sure about which way they should be placed...

Edited by jamesster

He's alseep atm, but I uploaded a pic he sent me of what he wanted to my gallery. Does that help? (I'd put a link but it's not wanting to display it for some reason.)

lol username

RRU file sharing thing wasn't working right so I used MediaFire. I merged the textures together into a single texture and adapted the model to use it with Google SketchUp.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u84gj9973aaylyc

If I screwed up somewhere let me know, I can fix it if something's borked. :P

RRU file sharing thing wasn't working right so I used MediaFire. I merged the textures together into a single texture and adapted the model to use it with Google SketchUp.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u84gj9973aaylyc

If I screwed up somewhere let me know, I can fix it if something's borked. :P

Wow. You are truly a life saver! :D

Now I only need to redo the grouping of the vertices, but I can do that myself (I did that before)

thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
Minifig9292

I can see it now:

"A SLIMEY SLU- Wait... What the heck is that thi-BOOOOM"

EDIT: Oh and I'm back, Computer died, fixed it myself, hello everybody.

hello-everybody-300x288.png

I can see it now:

"A SLIMEY SLU- Wait... What the heck is that thi-BOOOOM"

:oLRR-MC Mod anyone? :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.