Cant Play In 1024X768

K1ll3rm4n

Hello raiders,

I used to play this game back on windows ME, maybe 98 I am not sure. It worked well under XP, but now on windows 7 64bit I am experiencing some problems.

I managed to place the missing d3dwhatever.dll in system, and game started. But I can only run it on with -debug command on 640x480. I can play in this mode. Actually it doesnt stretch, Its just a very small screen in the middle of black 1366*768 (playing on laptop). When I set the 1024x768, there are some strange thigs, like the intro movies are running still 640x480, but static advert is 1024x768. Than loading screen appears, 1024x768, although the animated loading bar is in upper left corner, than after loading finnishes the game crashes.

1/ How to play in 1024x768 resolution? I read here somewhere about .bat files but I have no Idea what to write in them or where to place them.

2/ I would like to play in windowed mode, but if I select windowed in launcher it tells not supported. Also -windowed command doesnt work.

3/ How to remove ALL adverts and intro movie from the game? So when I start the game, I jump directly at loading screen?

Thanks for help

Addictgamer

1. This requires a lot of modding. Even then, it's hard to play, since the message panel is anchored into place, which just gets in the way.

2. Change your bit mode to 16. I do this via catalyst control center control center on this comp, but I was able to do it via control panel on my other comp.

3. This involves modding. For the intro movie, simply play without the disk in the drive. For the "DDI MADE THIS" thing, I recall there being a variable in lego.cfg that changes how long it stays onscreen.

Edit:

For number 3:

Thanks for help, 3 and 2 works well. Maybe if I change desktop resolution to lower I will not have that black borders.

For the resolution, if you right-click the shortcut, go to the Compatibility tab and check the "Run at 640x480 resolution" box, then you won't have to change your resolution manually every time you want to play.

err, I just need to fix one thing. If I play at 640x480, There are black borders all around the game, because my desktop resolution is 1366x768 , so game only fills small square in the middle of screen. I have to make it bigger because its hard to see anything. Any suggestions? If I change desktop resolution to lower, I have black borders too.

ps my graphic card is nvidia 320M

If you do it in windowed mode, it looks crisp instead of blurry from being stretched out to full screen; there's nothing we can do about the resolution of the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.