Rru-Stuff Minecraft City

Tauka Usanake

Tauka Usanake

So because Addict is feeling lazy and I'm pretty into Minecraft, I'm posting this topic for him.

Basiclly, in MSSSSM's mc.rru-stuff Minecraft server there is a city planning going on. All users in RRU who have Minecraft Beta are allowed to join in.

Right now we are accepting groundwork plans for buildings, properties, etc. The city will be split into two sections, "developed" and "undeveloped".

The first one, developed, is going to be used in initial construction and all later buildings and whatnot are counted as being in the "developed" section.

The second one simply means, "We're gonna build stuff here later". The territory marked off for the city is so large that we can't build all of it on day 1, so that's why this one exists.

The "developed" section is split further into "plots". A plot contains a building or something there. When somebody wants to help out with the city, they ask for a plot to build the construction they specify on.

Plots are taken from the undeveloped sections and blablabla.

Ya, so, to help out, ask for a plot and whatnot.

Whatnot meaning, "specify where you'd like it".

This is to have a fairly normal city style. Included would be stores, a library, city hall, police station, hospital, random buildings, and other stuff.

So if you want to help out then contact me, Addict, or Joe. Addict is mainly in charge of it so better if you ask him. There will be a list updated on this first post stating who is building what and where. The fastest way to the city ground is to take Addict's teleport to his forest and then the teleport right next to his waypoint.

Posted below are screenshots of the land that is currently going to be used.

gallery_437_79_261620.png

gallery_437_79_304280.png

gallery_437_79_174160.png

gallery_437_79_85650.png

gallery_437_79_367928.png

gallery_437_79_553085.png

gallery_437_79_175601.png

gallery_437_79_204510.png

gallery_437_79_83464.png

gallery_437_79_726627.png

gallery_437_79_190813.png

Yay that's me in the background. :D

gallery_437_79_32282.png

gallery_437_79_64398.png

Pardon how crappy they look, I blame Minecraft's screenshot system. Credit for the pictures go to Joe, Addict, and me.

O.T.

Meh, I only play on RRUCRAFT, so i'm out.

Good luck!

Stupid paid VIP Minecraft server...NO NEED TO RUB IT IN OUR FACES YOU BA*nned*

I don't play, but if I have any interesting ideas (particually when I'm not near a computer but I have paper and a pen) I'll post them up.

Tauka Usanake

Crap I forgot to add in it's the mc.rru-stuff.org server. D: Need add that in. Thanks

Edit: Never mind. Misunderstood. Yeah it's in the same server that we've been in. I have no idea (as of yet) where the place is relating to other lands, but I'll find out later.

Addictgamer

I have no idea (as of yet) where the place is relating to other lands, but I'll find out later.

It's north of the forest.

Tauka Usanake

I have no idea (as of yet) where the place is relating to other lands, but I'll find out later.

It's north of the forest.

I am going to ask MS if I can render a map of the land. D: This is too annoying not knowing where everything is relating to everything else. I can't stand it, how much empty space is between the lands taken up?

I found it, it was past hydrogen's base as seen from the mousehole, probably about 5min of walking, though not nearly as long using mod commands :P

I'll need raw coordinates, as I don't do terribly much exploring.

Either that, or someone builds a waypoint.

When I find it, I'll do some work.

When I find it, I'll do some work.

That's not the point! You don't just go in and start building, we want this city planned at least a little, and hence you don't just build but you ask addict to allocate you a plot as mentioned in the first post.

When I say I'll help it means that I'd like to show up, scope it out, then actually get the permissions, ect., it's nice to know what you're getting into.

Addictgamer

Tauka is officially in charge of plot assignment. After you get permission to build whatever, ask him to give you the plot.

Tauka Usanake

Darn I'm going to have to make a system now. It shouldn't be hard to make roads though so I'll most likely use that for a starting plot system.

We'll need sidewalks too! :D

I think we need a city plan. Layout blueprints, block designations for what they be used for, a very carefully planned redstone system probably controlled by a central hub, etc. It's going to take a while and will most likely break at least five times for every two hours of work put into it. It can be done though.

Also, we need to know the scale/magnitude of it.

Tauka Usanake

I think we need a city plan. Layout blueprints, block designations for what they be used for, a very carefully planned redstone system probably controlled by a central hub, etc. It's going to take a while and will most likely break at least five times for every two hours of work put into it. It can be done though.

Also, we need to know the scale/magnitude of it.

That's another reason I requested a render of the server from MS. I hope he gets it in soon.

Sweet finally my idea has been put in a topic.

I was thinking about four towers in the corners that connect to each other..idk might look good.

I was thinking of this before, there should be a resident area for people to live in the city and maybe a community mine with shafts and strip mines (or any other mining technique) which would be under the city.

Addictgamer

Massive city wall anyone?

Eh...That'd be awesome. I vote we make it like the walls of ancient fortified cities; Wide enough for freaking chariots to go on the top of it.

I was thinking of this before, there should be a resident area for people to live in the city and maybe a community mine with shafts and strip mines (or any other mining technique) which would be under the city.

I'm thinking yes for resident areas. No for the mine under the city. Why? Build more city under the city. Mines can be located elsewhere, with teleporter access.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.