Drill Tank 3.0

Lair

Looking nice, but you should add some more teal to it. Also, try making a motorized drill, that'd be cool.

I just took off all the teal after Cirevam told me it was for highlights.

I may do that later (motorize)

I just took off all the teal after Cirevam told me it was for highlights.

You know you don't have to take everything I say as gospel. Still, this tank looks very good. It's a definite improvement over both. I don't mind the length too much. I feel like it would look better with the lights that were on the sides of the previous drill tanks, but you already have mounts for them so it would be a snap to put them on.

The power failure wimpy-spinner has knobby-doos sticking out all over it. Your drill tank is very streamline and could really drill through tunnels like a TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine).

I built a lego TBM once that as you pushed it forward the front "shield" spun and if you put small pieces in front of it it gobbled them up and used a conveyor belt to spit them out the back. That thing took me a week to build but I dropped it off my desk and said doh.

• 2 weeks later...
Minifig9292

Reminds me of this huge 13 (including driver) minifig APC I made.

The thing was sturdy as hell and had a similar shape.

Too bad I scraped it for a couple bits for this huge RR uber drill/lazer thing I'm making.

Looks good. Liking the solid feel. Though...

8960-lego-power-miners-thunder-driller-b

A bit too close for comfort. :P

Too true; it does vaguely resemble the PM Thunder Driller (The most decent PM set to own, in my opinion). This is the first time I've bothered to see seen the Drill Tank, but... shouldn't a tank have treads?

Anyways, I like the design of it, following the LRR color scheme. Maybe I should make a PM version, just for my blog (the PM's bought blueprints of the RR's prototype vehicles)...

This is the first time I've bothered to BE SHORT seen the Drill Tank, but... shouldn't a tank have treads?

I asked Cirevam. he said they were overused.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really; I only have ONE SET of big treads for LEGO (from a Mars Mission set), and a TON of big wheels (From A TON of PM sets). But... you're right. they are overused.

That hatch makes it all the more awesome...I'd throw a lazer turrent on top...but that's just me...

Minifig9292

That hatch makes it all the more awesome...I'd throw a lazer turrent on top...but that's just me...

He predicted the future!

Devestater

Omg lair of worms

, whyd youy use the tank against the poor power miner monster in stead of using it to destroy LRR rock monsters!

Edited by Cirevam
Removed off-topic link, don't be advertising.

Omg lair of worms

, whyd youy use the tank against the poor power miner monster in stead of using it to destroy LRR rock monsters!

EXACTLY! THE POOR POWER MINER MONSTER. SO WEAK, IT BREAKS ON SIGHT OF THE LEGORR MONSTER!

Omg lair of worms

You're right. I should be fighting off Those nasty old Ice Monsters or swarms of slugs, instead of using my powerfull laser cannons on these poor, pathetic Power Miner Monsters who can't do anything but fart and vibrate and have no way of protecting themselves. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...

That's pretty amazing. Reminds me of an IRL tunnel bore combined with a Chrome Crusher

Considering that this is what a real tunnel bore looks like, yeah. Pretty much. Massive drill attached to what's basically a train on wheels.

AHA- I knew this reminded me of SOMETHING. And I finally remembered what that something is.

One of the older Command and Conquer games, Tiberian Sun, had a "Subterranean APC", roughly the same size/shape as this, but on tracks instead of wheels.

The similarities make this all the cooler imho.

AHA- I knew this reminded me of SOMETHING. And I finally remembered what that something is.

One of the older Command and Conquer games, Tiberian Sun, had a "Subterranean APC", roughly the same size/shape as this, but on tracks instead of wheels.

The similarities make this all the cooler imho.

Hm... it does sort of look like that, now that you mention it. I didn't intend it to be such, but if it does then that it most excellent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.