How Do I Reproduce This Useful Glitch?

Messenger

I haven't been able to reproduce this glitch lately, but here's what happened. First time this happened, I was playing Run the Gauntlet. Now, keep in mind that this was an unmodded Rock Raiders game. So first, I set the Game Speed to its lowest, turned off Automatic Game Speed, and started playing. I went through the level, drilled into the cavern with the Tunnel Scout and the lava, and then flew that to base. Right before reaching the base, I turned the game speed up to max, and after finishing the level...

The victory message played, but the Chief's voice didn't play, which is weird. Additionally, the results and save screen did not appear, and when I went to check out the score I got...

It was a perfect 100%. In Run the Gauntlet, where this should've been impossible. So that was the beneficial part of it.

Then I saved by playing another level.

So...anyone here who knows why this happened?

I have a (currently unfounded) theory as to why this might occur.

Since the glitch was that the results screen that gave you your score didn't pop up, maybe it was caused by hitting Restart Mission or some other option, which ended the mission without showing the results screen.

Can I get some testers out here please?

And I think that it might have occurred before with Rubble Trouble, but I don't remember the circumstances there.

I've never seen a score over 50% on RtG due to a glitch where the fufilment requires crystals even though there's no Cryore map. It's probably a bug in Chief not speaking.

See, what I think happened was that the game somehow skipped over the results/score screen, bypassing the need to have gotten crystals and everything else altogether, and leaving me with 100%.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.