Instalation Troubles

accbeetle57

accbeetle57

i have read several of the other posts about installing problems on windows 7 but mine is a little different.

i have downloaded the d3drm.dll and put it in system and system32 folders but when i go to install nothing happens. it just asks me if i am ok with it making changes to my computer, i click "yes" it closes and then nothing.

i saw another user on this site who fixed a similar problem but taking a "preinstalled" folder off their disk. i can't find anything like that on mine. any advice guys?

Addictgamer

Place d3drm.dll in LRR's installation folder. Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lego Media\Games\Rock Raiders\

accbeetle57

Which directory did you install LRR to then?

non, i cant even start installing the game. the installer wont even launch.

Addictgamer

Right click on installer.exe on the disk, click on the compatibility tab, and play with the list of OSs.

accbeetle57

well this may be my problem, i dont have an install.exe, i do have a setup.exe, if thats the same thing than running it in compatibility mode did not work.

Addictgamer

well this may be my problem, i dont have an install.exe, i do have a setup.exe, if thats the same thing than running it in compatibility mode did not work.

Ya, same thing.

Ok, do you have windows vista or 7? If so, run as admin.

You don't get any error messages? Have you ever had any trouble installing a different program before?

Addictgamer

i have 7, and running it as administrator does not work. i get the same results.

Are you running setup.exe directly? Or using autorun?

I do believe you should be running setup.exe directly.

Also, did you try ALL of the OSs in the compatibility mode tab?

accbeetle57

sorry about taking so long to get back to you (i had no internet over the weekend) . but i have another PC in my house running vista and the game seems to work fine on there. thank you for your help Addicted!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.