Hopefully Simple

fantomman

Hey, new guy here.

I've been looking to really delve deeper into modifications.

So far, I've just altered the CFG ever so slightly to help me run through the entire game so I can see what all is actually there.

I've only been running into problems with the game crashing with a box that says, "LegoRR.ICD" has stopped working.

It mostly only happens when I load a certain mission, specifically Rubble Trouble, or when I've played for a while, and accumulated a large amount of units.

So far I haven't been able to find a specific cause, just that it happens periodically, and it annoys me.

The only changes to the CFG have been, loading screen text, cost and energy cost of buildings and vehicles, and erosion rate of lava.

My specs :

Windows Vista Home Premium

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83 GHz

64 Bit Operating System

4.00 GB of RAM

GeForce 8600M GS 512 MB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :D

I think there's some issue where is LegoRR.ICD is over 0 KB you have problems with your game or something. Ask someone more experianced with it, I'm just good with the actuall game data.

If LegoRR.icd is more than 0 kb in size, the game requires a disk to play. Otherwise you can play without the disk. Fantomman seems to playing with the disk. I remember that I would always have problems after finishing a level when I wasn't using a diskless version, and the disk was a bit scratched up, so maybe your disk is scratched too. That's all I can think of for the moment.

If LegoRR.icd is more than 0 kb in size, the game requires a disk to play. Otherwise you can play without the disk. Fantomman seems to playing with the disk. I remember that I would always have problems after finishing a level when I wasn't using a diskless version, and the disk was a bit scratched up, so maybe your disk is scratched too. That's all I can think of for the moment.

Woah, so how do people end up with a LegoRR.icd that is 0 kb in size?

Addictgamer

If they bought a diskless version.

If they bought a diskless version.

So, I assume those were bought from an online source?

So, I could really solve this, by finding a 0kb LegoRR.icd?

There wouldn't be any other files to change?

Addictgamer

So, I assume those were bought from an online source?

So, I could really solve this, by finding a 0kb LegoRR.icd?

There wouldn't be any other files to change?

Not necessarily. I got a diskless copy from the store.

I believe you need rather a diskless exe...I'm not sure.

What addict means is that some later copies only required the disk for installations (and if you wanted music), so you could run it any time, without the disk.

What addict means is that some later copies only required the disk for installations (and if you wanted music), so you could run it any time, without the disk.

That makes sense.

I just downloaded an .iso for Rock Raiders, and created a virtual CD using Daemon Tools. After exploring it, I found a LegoRR.icd at 0 kbs, if I replace the one in my modded folder with this, should it solve things?

Addictgamer

That makes sense.

I just downloaded an .iso for Rock Raiders, and created a virtual CD using Daemon Tools. After exploring it, I found a LegoRR.icd at 0 kbs, if I replace the one in my modded folder with this, should it solve things?

Try both the icd and the exe.

That makes sense.

Try both the icd and the exe.

That worked great. Having the .exe and the .icd in my modded folder works great. I can now play it without the disk, without errors. Thanks everyone.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.