Your Ultimate Game Mod Idea

McJobless

I'm bored, and a tad depressed, so to cheer myself up, I'm going to start this topic. If you could make any video game, or mod, what would you make? Allow me to demonstrate.

Name: Inceptor

What is it: Overhaul

What is it made in: UDK, using assets from Singularity

Inceptor would be a game about the ultimate power of mind control. Taking the concepts learnt from Inception, and using the TMD from Singularity, the game is all about playing around with peoples sub-concious. The TMD would be called the "DMD", or "Dream Manipulation Device" (I'm a clever b******), and would act similar, but much more powerful, than the TMD. It would be able to fast foward, rewind, spawn "thoughts" (objects, environments and everything else are called "thoughts"), erase thoughts, and much more. Yet, despite this power, it becomes limited, as the main enemy of the game is the subconcious mind of the target, who, like a programmer who actually codes AI, is able to manipulate all the thoughts in the game, specifically (but not limited to) AI, against the player. The subconcious mind would work hard to destory all player created thoughts, as well as the player themselves.

The player would be an American who walks around a GTA-esque city, finding clients. Each client gives the player a target and an objective. These may include easy missions, like "Destory a Thought" to hard missions, like "Create A Permanent Thought" and even the extremely rare mission in which the player must destory ones subconcious.

I have a lot more on this, but my mind has gone KABAZAL, and I've forgot what I was going to say for now ;P

Anyway, go ahead.

Addictgamer

Name: Virtual World

What is it: Game

What is it made in: C++ or Vala

Virtual world would live true to its name.

World does not mean planet, as is commonly used in phrases like "the whole wide world", "the end of the world", etc.

World in this case refers to all existence, whatever it may be.

For example, existence can be:

- A single planet.

- A finite 'random' map.

- An infinite plain.

- A full blown existence with tons of dimensions, planets, galaxies, and possibly multiple universes.

In this world, the player is able to do whatever they want.

But keep in mind the player is restricted by the laws of the universe.

The average player will be subject to needing food, water, oxygen, etc. Don't forget about shelter!

Do you really think the world will be desolate? There will be creatures, rivers, oceans, mountains, clouds, aliens, other sentient beings of your species, other stuff.

Yes, there is death too. Sux to be the dead man.

Minifig9292

A game that perfectly recreats the half life 2 beta.

ITS ALL I f***ING ASK FOR IN THIS WORLD BUT NOOOOOOOOO

PEOPLE HAVE TO BE CLOPPING PARASPRITES AND b**** AND MOAN TO EACH OTHER AND NOT f***ING WORK TOGETHER AND GET f***ING NOTHING DONE!

YES I MAD o7rww.jpg

THIS HAS PISSED ME OFF AND CUASED ME TO HOLD DOWN MY SHIFT KEY TO SOME HOW SIMULATE RAGE IN VOICELESS TEXT!

I'VE BEEN IN THE BETA COMMUNITY FOR OVER 7 f***ING YEARS AND WE STILL DONT HAVE s***

THATS WHY I LEFT

EVERYPONY NEVER SHARES f***ING ANYTHING

f*** THE BETA COMMUNITY TO HELL

I GAVE OUT MY 13 GB LEAK THAT I WORKED HARD ON AND WHAT DO I GET!?

f***ING NOTHING!

f***

THE

BETA

*ahem*

Okay I have finished my daily rage.

Please continue as normal.

A civilization in minecraft that spends its time mining, building, and farming... from which I may participate in and trade items with gold as a form of currency.... and no I don't mean I want to join a big server. :P

A civilization in minecraft that spends its time mining, building, and farming... from which I may participate in and trade items with gold as a form of currency.... and no I don't mean I want to join a big server. :P

Well, there's Minecolony and Millénaire.

Name: Virtual World

What is it: Game

What is it made in: C++ or Vala

Virtual world would live true to its name.

World does not mean planet, as is commonly used in phrases like "the whole wide world", "the end of the world", etc.

World in this case refers to all existence, whatever it may be.

For example, existence can be:

- A single planet.

- A finite 'random' map.

- An infinite plain.

- A full blown existence with tons of dimensions, planets, galaxies, and possibly multiple universes.

In this world, the player is able to do whatever they want.

But keep in mind the player is restricted by the laws of the universe.

The average player will be subject to needing food, water, oxygen, etc. Don't forget about shelter!

Do you really think the world will be desolate? There will be creatures, rivers, oceans, mountains, clouds, aliens, other sentient beings of your species, other stuff.

Yes, there is death too. Sux to be the dead man.

One day addict. One day. Actually, this is a good idea. It would require a lot of scientific research, but it could be an experiment into making fully realistic worlds in games...

And Katatonic...BETA.

Addictgamer

That day is today.

ORR serves as a grounds for getting the programming experience needed.

Scientific research? I ain't taking physics for no reason.

Scientific research? I ain't taking physics for no reason.

I hope you weren't. I'm yet to see one game which has a completely realistic physics model, so I'm hoping someone does it quick...

• 1 month later...
TheEPICtrainrider

Duke Nukem Eternity:

We take Duke Nukem, and we have him "dreaming" Forever. And then he goes on an actual adventure. Which is basically all the glorious fun of old-school shooters with the beauty of cutting edge rendered female parts, all raped up in a story where Duke Nukem helps his daughter (who is the offsping of a stripper duke got quite fond of) save the world. Game play would feature over-the-top weapons based on a simple system: Kill More, Get More, Kill better, Get Better. Meaning the fewer enimes you skip, the more points you'll gain. These points can be used purchase new and glorious weapons, including reference weapons IE weapons from other games. The more "Creative" your kill, the higher chance your enemy will drop "Scrap Metal", which can be used to upgrade weapons.

And there's other stuff too. Like how the story ends with everyone ending up in a th- [uSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Duke Nukem Eternity:

We take Duke Nukem, and we have him "dreaming" Forever. And then he goes on an actual adventure. Which is basically all the glorious fun of old-school shooters with the beauty of cutting edge rendered female parts, all raped up in a story where Duke Nukem helps his daughter (who is the offsping of a stripper duke got quite fond of) save the world. Game play would feature over-the-top weapons based on a simple system: Kill More, Get More, Kill better, Get Better. Meaning the fewer enimes you skip, the more points you'll gain. These points can be used purchase new and glorious weapons, including reference weapons IE weapons from other games. The more "Creative" your kill, the higher chance your enemy will drop "Scrap Metal", which can be used to upgrade weapons.

And there's other stuff too. Like how the story ends with everyone ending up in a th- [uSER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

I'm guessing we are going for the "better weapons less chicks" approach?

Name: Eta Carina (as in the nebula/wolf-ryat star)

What is it: A Sci-Fi FPS/FPRPG with an emphasis on ship boarding and planetfall operations, as well as heavy vehicle use.

What kind of mod: Full game on top of a pre-existing engine

What is it made in: Source 2009 with several additional features in C++

"Many centuries ago, mankind learned to sail the high seas. There were many far off lands, filled with many treasures and many dangers. But where there is treasure, there is the temptation of greed, and where there is greed, there is strife. Wars were fought, won and lost. Ways of life were destroyed. Entire civilizations - left in ruin.

It was only a matter of time before mankind turned its attention toward the stars. Many planets, just like our own, lay waiting for us. We were not above strife caused by philosophy, however, and a war on earth, which we thought was long over, began once more as the free nations and their enemies established territories among the stars. The early interstellar colonial period was not a time for peace, and when word came across that contact was made with the first colony ship, the Eta Carina, which was thought to be lost forever, both factions sought to claim it."

Interesting thing about this is that it's actually a very early WIP. I'm just now working out the basics, as well as writing a soundtrack.

Interesting thing about this is that it's actually a very early WIP. I'm just now working out the basics, as well as writing a soundtrack.

Definitely an interesting idea; look forward to the progress you make!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.