Installing Rr On Windows 7 Laptop

joev14

I just recently found my old RR game in an old dusty laptop downstairs, and I wanted to install it onto my newer windows 7 Laptop since I hate my older one...while it was downloading I thought it was gonna work but when it hit 98% it said

"An error occurred during the move data process: -113"

Component: Exacutable Files

File Group: Program Exexutable Files

File: E:\EXE\LegoRR.icd

anybody got any idea what's wrong?

Well, first off, this seems to be a new error. Second, lol how executable is spelled wrong two different ways. Third, can you give us more detail on the error? Is windows throwin it or is the installer? Etc?

This is definatly the installers fault; I'm sure most copies of LegoRR don't have an EXE folder, and it's older copies of the game that have the executable embedded within the .icd file. I'd say you might want to try this on the older laptop first, and tell us what OS and if it works. If so, you'll probably need to do some things to make it compatible with 7.

Well, first off, this seems to be a new error. Second, lol how executable is spelled wrong two different ways. Third, can you give us more detail on the error? Is windows throwin it or is the installer? Etc?

this is in the installation, and I also recently installed LEGO Loco, LEGO ALpha Team, and LEGO Chess and all three of those ones worked fine, it's just RR that isn't working :/

Try manually setting the .exe in the CD to run as an administrator and in compatability mode.

Already did as an administrator. And how do I run it in compatability mode?

This is definatly the installers fault; I'm sure most copies of LegoRR don't have an EXE folder, and it's older copies of the game that have the executable embedded within the .icd file. I'd say you might want to try this on the older laptop first, and tell us what OS and if it works. If so, you'll probably need to do some things to make it compatible with 7.

I uninstalled and reinstalled on the old laptop, and it worked fine, no errors with installation or launching...What do I need to do to make it compatable with W7? P.S. I also recenlty got a Windows XP desktop and installed Linux on it...I'm guessing since LRR came out before Linux, they wouldn't be compatable, but I thought I might ask anyway...do you think LRR would be compatable with Linux?

I've got even more bad news. This morning I just started up my laptop and instead of starting up normally it said "error: Several orphaned files located, proceeding with data move." and then it started saying "moving orphaned file (random jumble of letters and numbers)" over and over and over. and then when it started up it started flashing between my screen saver and a black screen. It hasn't stopped yet *Joev holds his breath as he waits for the blue screen of death*

Already did as an administrator. And how do I run it in compatability mode?

On the same tab as setting it to run as administrator... I'm sure you've already tried this.

A little clarification. I believe every copy I have of LRR (and I have about 10) has a folder in it that contains the exe and icd file. Now there were to versions of the game put out. One that can run without the disc and one the requires the disc. Now, in the version that requires the disc... the ICD file is the actual game exe, but it's encrypted until it checks for the disc. On disc-less version, the exe is some 700kb and the ICD is 0kb.

As for linux, yes it's possible with some tinkering - see this topic:

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem, Rock Raiders installed correctly, but when I try to start the game it just goes to a black screen. I can hear the intro music playing I just cannot see anything. I tried running in compatibility modes for both XP and 2000 and changed the CLGen settings. My computer is running Windows 7. Also TheDoctor how did you get LEGO Chess to work on Window 7

Oh, Lazarus, I distinctly remember having this problem. It turns out that Rock raiders needs a... .dll file, if I remember correctly. I can't remember for sure, though. Lemme look this up real quick.

Ah here we are.

The DLL file called "d3drm.dll "

Download it Right here, and then put it in your System32 folder.

You shouldn't need d3drm.dll in order to install on Win7. I installed it on my new Win7 laptop using my burned copy of LRR without any problems and without that dll file.

Also, this like looks somewhat familiar to me: "An error occurred during the move data process: -113"

Usually I see similar messages when I'm trying to unpack archives with corrupted or incomplete files of any sort. And though Extreme is right in saying "I'm sure most copies of LegoRR don't have an EXE folder", my diskless copy says otherwise. If I can find my original disk I'll check that to see. What's weird is that my diskless copy also has a PDF of the manual inside... I'm pretty sure I burned this from my original disk, but that was so long ago. As for a theory on why the installation stopped where it did, I think Windows didn't like creating an empty file. Diskless versions have an .icd file that is 0kb in size. I hope you see where I'm going with this. Joev should look at the files in his EXE folder on the disk itself and tell us what he sees.

Tauka Usanake

I needed the dll file on my Win7. D: I can't believe it all came back to this little fix. Although not always proven to be THE fix, it usually does the job.

What's weird is that my diskless copy also has a PDF of the manual inside...

I also recall Cyrem saying that some versions came with that and that he made a copy of it available on the site if I'm correct.

I installed LRR on my netbook, which runs windows 7, and I needed d3drm.dll to install it too. It was pointless installing it though, since I get about 5 FPS and it's as stable as a drunk gorilla on a unicycle.

and it's as stable as a drunk gorilla on a unicycle.

Actually, in my research, those gorillas are pretty damn stable. Maybe you are just feeding them the wrong petroleum?

I needed the dll file on my Win7. D: I can't believe it all came back to this little fix. Although not always proven to be THE fix, it usually does the job.

What's weird is that my diskless copy also has a PDF of the manual inside...

I also recall Cyrem saying that some versions came with that and that he made a copy of it available on the site if I'm correct.

I had once said that when I had to get a new copy of the disk, I got one from 2004 instead of 2001 and it had no PDF on it this time. Sometime after 2002 they stopped doing that :/

Oh, Lazarus, I distinctly remember having this problem. It turns out that Rock raiders needs a... .dll file, if I remember correctly. I can't remember for sure, though. Lemme look this up real quick. Ah here we are. The DLL file called "d3drm.dll " Download it Right here, and then put it in your System32 folder.

I have already tried that and it will still load properly but does the intro movies in with a black screen.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.