Game Won't Go Past Loading Screen.

TehWarsmith

TehWarsmith

Hey, everyone. Trying to get this old thing from my childhood running again.

I've run the gamut of problems since I installed. First I had the d3drm problem, which I fixed. After that, the game would actually started and get me through the intro movie (I have NOT had the .avi problem with the cutscenes and LEGO logo.) Now the game gets me into the first loading screen (the one that would load the main menu) but the game crashes with "LEGORRICD has stopped working" every time, just before it actually finishes the loading bar. I've tried running the game in every compatibility mode from 98/ME up to XP Service Pack 3, and enabled 640x480 and 256 colors and whatnot as advised in other threads, and no dice.

I did actually reach the main menu at one point, but when I got there the screen was flickering and the textures of the screen-transition rockfall were pure white textureless polygons. It was laggy and unplayable but I will be damned if I can figure out how I got that far.

(the whole thing was totally worth it, since the first time I got the intro working I just sat down and watched it, grinning ear to ear and mumbling about my childhood. Then Jet and Doc teleported out and I was like "Awesome! Hell yeah!" and then the game crashed. It was a masterful anticlimax and I laughed so hard)

"LEGORRICD has stopped working"

ARGH! NOT THIS AGAIN!

Well don't worry, it's fixable. Go searching the forums a bit and you'll find...

the textures of the screen-transition rockfall were pure white textureless polygons

Oh great, it's worse and worse

Addictgamer

Yes, others have had the ICD problem. Search around as lair suggested ;)

I did actually reach the main menu at one point, but when I got there the screen was flickering and the textures of the screen-transition rockfall were pure white textureless polygons. It was laggy and unplayable but I will be damned if I can figure out how I got that far.

Your graphics card would be at fault with this.

Possible solutions:

1. Play around with CLGlen.exe's settings.

2. Do the above alone with experimenting with Direct3D HAL and RGB emulation options in the window that pops up when you run the game.

3. Play with graphics card's settings along with the above two.

4. Upgrade/downgrade driver and do the above three things.

5. Get a new graphics card and hope it works properly.

TehWarsmith

Searched around, haven't been able to find a real answer. I did search pretty exhaustively (on sites other than this one, too) before going and making a topic.

Another note: most of the advice I've seen says to run the game in Win 98/ME compatibility mode. When I do this, it doesn't even get to the loading bar. It just gives me the initial title screen and then shuts down completely, doesn't go any further. No error message or anything. When I use Windows 2000, it gets to the loading screen, then crashes properly with the error message.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.