Modding Problem

the_L_egend

the_L_egend

hey there.

i have a bit of a problem when modding RR.

every time i try to save the changes i make to the LEGO.cfg file it gives an error message saying: access denied

does anyone of you know what to do now?

thx

You need to move it out of the Program Files folder into somewhere you have full access, like "My Documents".

• 4 weeks later...

Proper method: You need to right-click on the Rock Raiders folder, properties, security, edit the permission for users to allow full control.

Proper method: You need to right-click on the Rock Raiders folder, properties, security, edit the permission for users to allow full control.

Proper-er method: You don't mod the install in Program Files. You install it somewhere else like /home/the_L_egend/Lrr C:\Users\the_L_egend\Saved Games\LRR so that you don't break the normal game.

Proper-er method: You don't mod the install in Program Files. You install it somewhere else like /home/the_L_egend/Lrr C:\Users\the_L_egend\Saved Games\LRR so that you don't break the normal game.

That's not proper, that's lazy along with extreme's idea not bad...

I run into a lot of problems such as "insufficient administrative rights" when I want to do things like grant myself "full control" of a folder. It's a hell of a lot easier to just create a personal game folder and install everything there were you inherently have full control.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.