Stupid Off-Topic

aLPHA

21 members have voted

1. 1. Are you still into modding? Please be honest

2. 2. If you said no, why?

• Socialization
    • Technical Help (game crashes, can't install, etc.)
    • I said yes
    • I used to mod when I had the computer to do so, but nowI can't because I no-longer have that computer.
    • I lost interest
    • I said yes

So it dawned on ,e this morning, after reading LZ's blog entry again, that nobody cares abut LEGO rock raiders any more. This evidence is extremely back-upable, as I haven't seen a rock raiders related modding post in a few months! Now, a mod is going to come on here and lock this topic saying that this belongs in a blog, which it probably does, but I'd like to have your guys honest opinions on what you come here for on RRU. I used to come here for modding support, but when my windows PC died and I got this stupid apple, it made it so I can't mod anymore, so now it's just more of a social hangout because all the other forums on the web are full of noobs, and 90% furries (while we have a 50% furry count).

Everyone is wondering why the single-time members leave. I believe it's from them seeing how off-topic we are, and just forget us. If we want to make RRU a greater place, we need to get back on that modding horse and ride it till we can mod no-more! I intend to start a revolution on RRU, which takes the lazy members here and turns them into great modders!

So, why is off-topic stupid? If I was to make a graph showing the amount of topics made per week, starting today (might do it), you would see that there would maybe be 1 new topic in the rock raiders area (most likely a crashing game problem) and abut 5 in the off topic. There would also be about 2 in the general LEGO discussion talking about other old themes, and 1 or 2 in the news section about a member complaining.

Now if I did posts per week, well, you would find that there would be about 10 to 25 in the off topic area, maybe 5 in the rock raiders section (talking about game crashing), and maybe 10 in the ego discussion. Of course, rock raiders modding would see 0, and on every other other week, it would get 1 very rare post, from someone asking a little question and getting ignored.

So, do you guys want to help me bring back the modding? I can't lead this act because I can't mod, but others can! Be a positive role model for the newbies, and always test and ask questions about the game. Don't be afraid to try something, your experimentation could be the next breakthrough.

If you are just here for socialization and have no interest in modding and you are a furry and/or brony, I must say good day to you,don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out of here, because you have been FIRED!

I concur with Alex. I make modding posts somewhat frequently. Granted, most of them are related to modding progress rather than new discoveries (we have had a few in the past two or three months, so you know) but it should still count. To be fair, most of my modding posts end up in Forum Supporters instead of being public since I don't want to show 100% of the mod before it is released, so I could increase the amount of public content I make.

But that's just me. For more active modding posts, look at the Candy Raiders topics. Those are the best examples of modding discussion we have right now, even though it's mostly arguments over what crystals and ore should be.

I stopped posting my small .cfg mods and test maps a while ago because 1) They're not that great or monumental. 2) There are better things to create topics about than every little .cfg mod. 3) addict pretty much has that area covered.

If you are just here for socialization and have no interest in modding and you are a furry and/or brony, I must say good day to you,don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out of here, because you have been FIRED!

How dare you sir? You are the one who should be "FIRED" out of a can... *banned*

The reason I gave up on radar raiders is because There were so many things I didn't understand about the dimentions of the files, how the game stretched the textures to fit models, how some models got messed up after you changed the textures (The Electric Fence for example.), And how I would change the textures that were shared across models.

I used to mod. I got a new laptop. I don't feel like dragging the stuff from my old computer onto my laptop.

Might start again...

Like most of the things I do, I mod in cyclic bursts. If you haven't noticed, I have been making maps that work recently and I don't think I am done doing so. I may go so far as to make and give someone the null models and to the Mega-Lift Helicopter and Mega Moblie Laser Cutter to assemble and some drawings to instruct them on how to do so.

I'm still making SKN, hold your f***ing gorillas...

You just gotta wait till I have kinked out all those damn Lightwave bugs.

I discovered that I can't edit poll numbers directly anymore, so I had to wipe your poll and rebuild it. I couldn't remember all of the choices for the second question, so I put some dummys in there so you can edit it later.

I discovered that I can't edit poll numbers directly anymore, so I had to wipe your poll and rebuild it. I couldn't remember all of the choices for the second question, so I put some dummys in there so you can edit it later.

That is just... wow.

Why don't you just keep your hands off of polls that weren't made by you okay?

You have no right to be messing around with them anyways so don't even think about it. (Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)

That is just... wow. Why don't you just keep your hands off of polls that weren't made by you okay? You have no right to be messing around with them anyways so don't even think about it. (Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)

Er Cyrem/Cirevam/Anymoddy, could you delete the poll history?

oh wad sonic I'm sick of your crap

That is just... wow. Why don't you just keep your hands off of polls that weren't made by you okay? You have no right to be messing around with them anyways so don't even think about it. (Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)

Er Cyrem/Cirevam/Anymoddy, could you delete the poll history?
oh wad sonic I'm sick of your crap

I didn't see that post.

And I wrote "(Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)" at the end of the post in case I missed something.

Jeez Lair, calm down a little. It was an honest mistake on my part.

He is a mod. Now, let's assume I'm Cirevam for a second;

"RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!" [/southparkjoke]

He is a mod. Now, let's assume I'm Cirevam for a second;

"RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!" [/southparkjoke]

Like I said before, "I didn't see that post."

And I think you people take the moderators and their power way to far.

I mean if they used their power as mush as you people say they can then that would be total abuse of their power.

Sonic, please read all posts in a topic before accusing a moderator of abusing his power in a totalitarian dictatorship, especially if the topic only has one page.

That is just... wow.

You have no right to be messing around with them anyways so don't even think about it. (Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)

Can't you at least read the posts before you jump to conclusions? I had him reset it because I had no time to fix the poll because I had to leave for a college class and people started using the poll like crazy.

Can't you at least read the posts before you jump to conclusions? I had him reset it because I had no time to fix the poll because I had to leave for a college class and people started using the poll like crazy.

Told. 3 times. Like a boss.

I don't know how to answer all these people who keep bringing up thing I have said. The only thing I can think of telling them is to read the posts I make fully before trying to call me out on something. In fact I will quote my own posts and explain exactly what happened in them and them perhaps you people can get off my back regarding the stuff I have said in this topic.

That is just... wow.

Lets start with this one first. Sometimes RRU acts stupid when I go into a topic. I have it set to go to the most recent unread post but sometimes it constantly goes to a post that I have already read and it treats that post like I have not read it and the only way I have figured out how to fix this is to press the "Mark Community Read" button. In this case it skipped that post all together and sent me right to Cirevam's post. I didn't see the post Alpha made but I even wrote "(Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)" in case I was wrong in some way. So let's just say that this whole this can be blamed on computer error.

Although I still stand by what I said about mods not messing with things without proper permission first.

I didn't see that post.

And I wrote "(Unless Alpha gave you permission to do it.)" at the end of the post in case I missed something.

Jeez Lair, calm down a little. It was an honest mistake on my part.

I don't see why you guys have to get so mad over a simple misunderstanding even after I explained my side of the story.

Like I said before, "I didn't see that post."

And I think you people take the moderators and their power way to far.

I mean if they used their power as mush as you people say they can then that would be total abuse of their power.

And this is just to point out that if the Moderators really did act the way everyone else says they can just because they are Moderators then their depiction of a Moderator would be someone abusing their power. I wasn't accusing the Moderators of abusing their power nor calling them totalitarian dictators. I was telling the people that the Moderators don't have the right to do what ever they want because that in fact would be abusing their power.

Now if you have anymore questions about this then please ask and if you have any complaints then please post them.

And please leave this misunderstanding alone unless you have something productive to add Extreme110. I just can't handle the amount of kissass you are bringing to this misunderstanding. (Please don't take this the wrong way and get mad at this. I asked him to leave the misunderstanding, not the topic. There is a difference.)

And please leave this misunderstanding alone unless you have something productive to add Extreme110. I just can't handle the amount of kissass you are bringing to this misunderstanding. (Please don't take this the wrong way and get mad at this. I asked him to leave the misunderstanding, not the topic. There is a difference.)

"School is s***, I really hate it, the teachers are gay, hey hey hey."

Glad I got that out...now, to address said subject matter.

I can post what I want. I am a member. I have posting rights. This topic is about being off-topic, therefore technically I am on-topic. I am not affecting anybody in anyway by my posts. If I wish to make a 7 word commentary on the situation of things, I damn well will. And that's the way I roll.

And seriously, KISS-ASS? I ain't kissing nobodies ass. I have an opinion, and I'm sharing it. If it looks like I'm in favour of one party moreso than another, then that's the way it is, but don't call me a kiss-ass for making said comments. In fact, I'm pretty sure I made only one post which can be considered "kiss-ass", and even then it was made for the purposes of joking around.

BTW, if you haven't noticed, I'm not particularly pissed. I just rage-mode-activated, yo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.