Whats Your Favorite Star Wars Set?

Cap't Rex

As you may have known, LEGO Star Wars is the best selling LEGO theme ever! LEGO reported it made most of its profits from this theme. I would want to know whats your favorite LEGO star wars set. Mine is the UCS Death star and the UCS LAAT\C with AT-OT Walker.

I thought Bionicle was the best-selling theme ever since it saved LEGO from going bankrupt and all that jazz.

I think this man might be more on the money...however, for the purposes of the topic, I believe that the Imperial Destroyer was a pretty awesome build.

I have to admit, I enjoyed building the Pod Racers from Episode 1. I've never seen anything quite like them, and I don't think we'll see anything like them again. Despite their fragile looking design they were actually quite sturdy, much like the Rock Raiders Tunnel Transport, with the exception of the fine details. They could also be combined with other parts from your collection to build every single Pod Racer from Episode 1 (two additional racers were released with Watto's Junk Shop and kept with the modular theme) plus several only seen in Star Wars Episode 1: Racer for PC, Arcade, Nintendo 64 and Sega Dreamcast and Star Wars: Racer Revenge for the Sony PS2.

I remember building Neva Kee's Racer from Anakin's Pod Racer, the Gungan Sub, and some of the components of an old Rock Raiders Granite Grinder (two of these, three hover scouts and a Rapid Rider were the only Rock Raiders sets I had, fyi). I don't have it any more but the only way to make it sturdier than it already was would have been to glue the thing together and reinforce it with metal rods. It survived a six foot fall and the only things that detached were the engine pods (I attached them using technic components, this is why a lot of my creations hold together so well).

Out of the modern sets, I really like the limited edition Home One diorama. It comes with a second gen. A-Wing (which was already a great set), several minifigures (always good to have) and both the bridge and a hanger bay diorama. It's pretty fragile, but it was never made to be handled and was intended as a display piece.

Still, they don't compare to my personal favorite build - A custom model of a prototype spacecraft I have on the drawing board. I took a look at Virgin Galactic's hardware, Space Ship 2 and White Knight 2, and decided to get rid of the launch vehicle and integrate the turbine engines into the spacecraft.

Extreme110 which version of the Imperial Destroyer did you mean? The first UCS version, the 2006 version or the new UCS Vaders commandship version?

40KEndraider I know the pod racers were great. A new version of them was recently released. The Home one crusier was sort of good. Its only con was its high price tag.

Cirevam, bionicle was in second place. Star wars sold more units/sets then bionicle but LEGO had to pay most of this profit ( i belive about 50%) to Lucas arts. so LEGO used bionicle to plug the profit gap.

The first one. I stopped buying LEGO like 2 years ago, and the 2006 Version didn't take my fancy too well either.

Thats cool to own a UCS version of a ser:)! I have the Ventor Class republic destroyer version of this ship.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.