Another Legorr.icd Problem...

Blueberry

Hi, I've been lurking here the past few days trying to find a solution to the problem I've been having.

I recently found my old RR CD in the basement and decided to give it a shot once more (never did beat it...) However, after installation and the .dll file, I still cannot play the game. I run windows 7-64 bit and have the original game from 1999. I've tried searching the forum, but every issue tells me to search the forum for the solution, which I still cannot find. I've tried various compatibility modes and running as administrator with little to no success. What actually happens when I try to run the game is the usual splash screen and then black. It goes to the ddi title image then the loading screen. When I try to run enhanced mode, the loading bar gets to roughly 70% then crashes (in standard mode it crashes around 40%). The error message says that LEGORR.ICD has stopped working.

Any other tips? Thanks!

Have you tried that compatibility toolkit? Also, maybe try the Windows XP Emulator thing that Microsoft is allowing you to download for free?

It could be in the wrong machine code. If that is the case, then there are no completely legal options. I vaguely remember something about Win7 lacking a working x86-16/32 legacy mode. Or was it Vista.

It could be in the wrong machine code. If that is the case, then there are no completely legal options. I vaguely remember something about Win7 lacking a working x86-16/32 legacy mode. Or was it Vista.

LegoRR was never made in 64-bit, and it never will be, so you can run it on anything from 98 to 7 (probably 95 too). Nor is there a problem running it on a 64-bit machine since XP, Vista and 7 64-bit versions all support the (supposedly) 16-bit code of older versions as well as the 32-bit version of newer copies.

Actually, one other thing, have you got the right Video Codec installed? It's legacy, so you'll need to search around a bit on these tutorials and then install it.

Vista has support for 16 bit programs, but it doesn't implement it well. Windows 7 improved on it but not by much.

If push comes to shove then let me know. I'll have even more incentive to start some serious development on a new project I'm trying to get started on alongside my many other projects.

Hint: It's a Linux distro with native Windows Support.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.