(WIP) Boulder Raiders

William

Does anyone know of a program that can extract files from Ratchet and Clank? I wanted to use some of the weapons for the Rock Raiders lasers, but I can't find any program that can open the files. I can give you a list of the file types if it helps.

Dude, you're right up in my hood. Step into my office.

I love R&C, and moreso, I love extracting files. Tell me, which game do you want to extract from?

Mostly 1 and 2, I haven't gotten to the other games yet so I'm not sure what all the weapons are.

Edit: Actually I take that back, I've played number 5 too.

Mostly 1 and 2, I haven't gotten to the other games yet so I'm not sure what all the weapons are.

Edit: Actually I take that back, I've played number 5 too.

Alright, I haven't played #1, but I have #2, #3 and #4 (BTW, #3 and #4 have the best weapons from the first 4...especially soundwise). I'm assuming that #1 and #2 are under the same architecture.

If you have the disc on you, can you please put it in your CD drive, and can you make a list of all the files and folders. This'll help me figure out what we'll need to do.

One note: R&C is particularly difficult with its sound names; #2 and #4 has most of the sounds with their original names intact, but the rest of these files were unnamed. #3 had most of its sound files unnamed.

Another note: I have the PAL versions of the games, so it might be a little different...

Maybe you and I should work on extracting the files from all the games, I have all of the Playstation 2 games. And I'll make a list in a while, I'm a bit busy now.

Maybe you and I should work on extracting the files from all the games, I have all of the Playstation 2 games. And I'll make a list in a while, I'm a bit busy now.

Well, I've done about half of #3 and #4 and a little bit of #2. It's not that I dunno what I'm doing, but it's more about how freakin' long it takes to rename every sound file, and figure out what's garbage and what is in a different language (I only keep English versions). But sure, any help would be great.

Whenever you're ready, just post with the filelist. I can wait; I just learned how to extract sounds from H2V, so I'm working on that right now.

I had time to get a list from number 1, and it's only three files. There's a Disc Image File, a 99 File, and a CNF file.

Oh dear...if there aren't any major differences between PAL and NTSC, then for some reason between #1 and #3 Insominiac went insane and changed the file protections...

Basically for #1, #3 and #4 you need to make an ISO with DVD Decrypter. After that, you get PSound Version 1.33 (DO NOT GET 2.00 OR YOU WILL GET MILLIONS OF FAKE FILES AND NONE OF THE FILES WILL BE NAMED). You scan each of the ISOs with PSound, and it'll eventually (it takes a while) bring up a list of sounds. From there, you listen to each file, delete the ones you won't need, click on the ones you will once, rename them to something which you can remember it by, but also a name which isn't used by any of the other sound files, and then you extract them all to a folder at the end.

I recommend also going into the "Playlist' menu, and selecting "Save Playlist as..." and constantly saving a new playlist. If you get bored and want to come back later to do it, or if the computer crashes, you won't have to re-scan and rename the files, as the playlist will automatically load everything when you press "Open Playlist".

EDIT: In #2, you have a series of WAD files (no, not the LegoRR wad files). Simply copy these to a folder, and scan each one individually as you would with #1, #3 and #4.

EDIT 2: Click the Title Bar once so everything is organised alphabetically. Made my job a little easier.

First of all, how would I make an ISO with DVD Decrypter, I'm not good at programming yet so I don't know how to make one. And can you only get sound files, because I was interested in the models too.

First of all, how would I make an ISO with DVD Decrypter, I'm not good at programming yet so I don't know how to make one. And can you only get sound files, because I was interested in the models too.

You open DVD Decrypter, set the mode to ISO Read (you'll find it) and then select a place to save the ISO file and press the big button.

And as far as I've gotten, I can't find where the models are.

Oh, I thought you meant an ISO with a DVD Decrypter, not make an ISO using it.

And I'll let you know if find them then.

NO, NO, MAKE AN ISO WITH DVD DECRYPTER!

• 2 weeks later...

On my high-polygon small transport truck, are there a lot of invisible faces on it for anyone else? It looked fine then I played the game this morning and it was all messed up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

your loading screens are great unly the energy crystol seam looks... odd like the ecs where copy and paisted there if you can chainge that they wold look better

• Cyrem changed the title to (WIP) Boulder Raiders
  • ShadowDraikana locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
ShadowDraikana

William informed me sometime ago he is not returning to the site and has no intention of finishing this.  Therefore this topic is locked.